We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets in Kadikoy

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Markets in Kadikoy

I plan to spend next Tuesday in Kadikoy but am confused about the market(s).

Do I understand previous posts correctly that there are 2 markets on Tuesdays - the permanent one near the pier and a flea market elsewhere?

If so, where is the flea market please?

Trisha

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Trisha, in this forum we use the term markets to mean two different things. One is the permanent food and other stores behind the pier at Kadikoy. These are open 7 days a week. And secondly the other is open street market that is held at Hasanpasa twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays). Her it is: "http://goo.gl/maps/lqAML".

enigma...

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Thank you enigma.

So I will need to take a taxi from the pier area to Hasanpasa? How long does it take and what is the cost please. Will it be easy to tell the driver where I want to go?

Trisha

Edited: 01 March 2014, 18:47
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Hi Trisha,

You can also take the metro (only 1,95 lira) from Kadıköy heading towards Kartal and get off at Uzunçayır station. The Tursday market is 10 minutes walk from the station.

Easy and hassle free.

Borus

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Thank you!

Trisha

Athens, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Hi enigma,

first of all I want to thank you for the very very helpful info you donate to us!

This is my first time in this forum and I'd like to know where can I buy wholesale sports shoes in Istanbul.

Thank you in advance,

loutsman

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

The taxi from Kadıköy will take 10 minutes and cost 8-11 lira. Tell the driver you would like to go to Hasanpaşa Salı Pazarı.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,893 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

loutsman, I sent you a PM.

enigma...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Trisha, you won't have any trouble finding the Tuesday market.

We walked it there and back (as it was a lovely day) by asking a few of the shop keepers for directions. It took around 40 minutes, but some of the side walks were missing at the time and were being fixed along the way.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Thanks all - I feel like I've got a handle on it now. I love to walk so depending on the weather (leave tomorrow) I may walk one way. Good to know about the metro and the cost of a taxi.

Off to pack!

Trisha

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
575 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Markets in Kadikoy

Getting there - Ferry is a good option is you're coming through Istanbul. Easy, low cost and brings you right into Kadikoy. The market is well worth a visit, and I found that the prices for seafood lower than across the striats in Istanbul. Enjoy.