We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

Hi there!

I want to do a double trip from NYC to Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai. We want to visit Istanbul- Cappadocia for 3-4 days (I have already visited Istanbul and want to show a friend a few sites) then head to Dubai for a full week. I am so unsure how this can pan out with money flights hotels etc..

We want to stay in a hostel in Turkey (both Istanbul and Cappodocia) and a hotel I'm Dubai (hotel can be 3 or 4 stars). What is the most efficient way to go about this vacation? We are open to all suggestions. I usually do vacation packages with Expedia(to save money) but I'm not sure how I can book a package when we are going to fly into one city and depart from another with different types of a accommodations. Many thanks to you all! Jamilla NYC

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

Obviously we will depart out of Dubai or Istanbul (depending on which pans out to visit first) back to New York:)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

Jamilla, My suggestion is to take a non stop direct flight to Istanbul by Turkish Airlines from NYC, stay in Istanbul 2 days, take a domestic flight round trip to Cappadocia (3 days), and take a flight from Istanbul to Dubai by Turkish Airlines and return from Dubai to NYC again by Turkish Airlines connecting at Istanbul. I did this calculation for you by using the multi-city option of the Turkish Airlines website and the ticket came out to be 1607 USD for the whole trip.

Your other option can be to fly with Turkish Airlines between NYC and Istanbul, and with Air Arabia from Istanbul to Dubai and back: "http://www.airarabia.com/en". This way the total fare comes out to be 1175 USD. In spite of the difference in fares, I recommend the first alternative.

For flights to Kayseri or Nevsehir R/T(Cappadocia), you can use "www.aerobilet.com" for flight schedules and fares but make your bookings by using the airlines own website.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 07 March 2014, 17:18
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

Merhaba Enigma! you are a true life saver. I didn't even think about the multi destination option by Turkish airlines. And I think that's a steal! Hopefully the fare won't go up by to much when I'm ready to book. Take care!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

Hi,

Simply visit www.thy.com No other airline can offer connections for all your destinations. Before buying ticket, become a member for frequent flyer programme called miles&smiles for free. On your next visit, you can fly domestic free or upgrade business.

Alper

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

Thanks so much!!!

6. Re: NYC- Istanbul-Cappadocia-Dubai advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:19