We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cevahir Mall

Ottawa, ON, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cevahir Mall

We are staying at the new Istanbul Marriott hotel in Sisli, and we briefly browsed the stores and food court at the mall yesterday.

What do people think of it?

What are the good stores there - both international stores and Turkish stores?

What would one buy there? Besides going to the local bazaars, is there anything in this mall that is Turkish in origin that one would buy?

What are the good Turkish take-outs or restaurants for food?

PS-we are going to Dubai in the mall-should we wait to buy there, or is there anything we should preferentailly buy at this mall?

Edited: 10 March 2014, 09:13
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cevahir Mall

Hi sookti,

It is very difficult to answer your question. We do not know your likes, style, favorite brands, etc. Cevahir is a middle class mall which, as this classification suggests, has a brand mix comprised of mainstream brands. Is this what you want to buy? As a principle I do my shopping in the final destination before I fly back home.

Best of luck,

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,185 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cevahir Mall

sookti, Cevahir is a very large mall with lots of varieties. You should go in the stores and browse the items. Debenhams is a good department store with lots of Turkish manufactured items in there. Zara is a good international store. Since we do not know your needs and likes, I would not make recommendations on what you should buy. At the food court, I like Şark Sofrasi with authentic Turkish dishes.

I have shopped at the malls at Dubai and they are more expensive and there is nothing locally manufactured there. Therefore I recommend that you do your shopping at Istanbul. Alternatively, you could shop at Trump Towers Mall at Mecdiyekoy (walking distance from your hotel) or take the metro one stop from Sisli to Gayrettepe and go to Zorlu Center and shop there. Both of those are also great malls.

good luck,

enigma...

Ottawa, ON, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cevahir Mall

We would like to buy something not easily found in Canadian or US malls - either European or Asian or local Turkish origin items.

Middle to luxury level clothes or shoes.

I hear leather is a specialty of Turkey?

Any jewels/jewelry that Turkey is known for?

4. Re: Cevahir Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:18