We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kartepe visit

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Kartepe visit

Hello friend

Iam from UAE, travelling to Turkey on 30th March with family, would like to know what is the best Airport transfer from SAW to Kartepe?? what will be the climate in Kartepe during my stay.?? will appreciate your reply.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kartepe visit

Hi Mohammed,

Kartepe (Maşukiye) is 80 km from SAW airport. There is no direct transport from SAW to Kartepe. You have three options to get there:

1) Taxi (I guess it will be very very expensive)

2) Private transfer (very expensive too)

3) rent a car and self drive (would be the most economical one).

SAW airport is very close to TEM (O4) highway and Kartepe is only 90 minutes drive from the airport. Make sure that your car is equipped with a GPS device (to find your way) and a HGS sticker (to use the tolled highways). There will be still snow until the end of March but I am not sure it will be enough for a satisfactory skiing experience. This year we are having a very mild spring and I hope you can find what you are looking for in Kartepe.

Best of luck,

Borus

Edited: 13 March 2014, 11:57
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kartepe visit

Mohammed, For Kartepe, have a look at these previous threads. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4074…", and "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6087…".

good luck,

enigma...

3. Re: Kartepe visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27