We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage allowance on International and Domestic flights

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage allowance on International and Domestic flights

Hi,

I will be in Turkey in June for 8 days. I plan to visit just Istanbul and Cappadocia.

My current plan is:

3 days Istanbul

3 days Cappadocia

2 days Istanbul

Now I am beginning to have second thoughts. Will it be better if I just went to Cappadocia first then finish off the remaining trip in Istanbul? My flight will land into Ataturk at 1pm. I understand that flights to Cappadocia is another airport. My concerns are:

1) Is it easy to transfer to the other airport?

2) Baggage allowance on Qatar Airways is 30kg, but domestic flight would be less I am sure. If I went to Istanbul first, I believe at least I can leave a luggage at the hotel.

Any thoughts.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage allowance on International and Domestic flights

Hi LeeSC,

For economy class domestic flights, Turkish Airlines baggage allowance is 23 kg. Much less than that of QA. So, it would be wise to do Istanbul first and leave your luggage in the hotel for couple of days and then fly to Cappadocia. You can also fly into Cappadocia airports (ASR or NAV) from IST airport. So you do not have to worry much about getting to the other airport (SAW) on the Asian side.

Have fun,

Borus

Edited: 13 March 2014, 13:22
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage allowance on International and Domestic flights

Hi,

IMO, you dont need to split your journey and loose time. Prefer Turkish direct flight from SIN if you didnt buy your ticket yet and check your luggage to Cappadocia (ASR or NEV) from SIN. Nobody will check luggage weight and you dont need to carry it in Istanbul.

turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-informatio…

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage allowance on International and Domestic flights

What about the return flight Alper? Nowadays, TK is more strict in baggage allowances especially if the plane is full. I have seen many times that people had to pay for the excess baggage even on business class.

4. Re: Baggage allowance on International and Domestic flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:28