We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

We a family of 3 persons are visiting TURKEY in June 2014. Would be staying for 2 days in Istanbul and then visit other cities of turkey and back again for 3-4 days.

After going through some hotel booking website and TA i found BEST POINT HOTEL. I wanted to know some Pros and Cons and personnel reviews about this hotel which would be very helpful in finalising it.

Room type selected is Superior Double

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

asimm76, Asim, In case no one responds here, the best for you is to read the reviews of this hotel by people who have actually stayed at the hotel. "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d105217…", and the reviews at "www.booking.com" website.

enigma...

Edited: 18 March 2014, 10:15
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

Hi Enigma, as usual you are the 1st person to reply .. thanks a lot

Actually i have gone throught these reviews and found them good, but have a few questions like

1. Comparing this hotel with other similar hotels, then what other choice do i have and which is better

2. I understrand that historical sites are within walking distance, but what if i want to use the local transport and go to other parts of Istanbul

3. I am not into bars, but i would prefer to be close enough (Walking distance) to eateries, cafes, donor kebbabs, food stalls.

hmmm maybe few other questions would come in to my mind soon

thanks

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

This hotel seems very nice with good reviews.

It's in good location. Near main attractions and nearest tram stop - Sultanahmet is 650 meters / 7 minutes from your hotel according to google map.

Near this hotel there are many restaurants and cafes. I've never stayed in this location but have had two times dinner near Best Point hotel.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

Asim, As 8kats says, Best Point Hotel satisfies all your three criteria.

enigma...

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

8kats &enigma, thanks

The distance to the transport is disturbing me, as we would surely like to go out of the Sultanahmet area and s bit concern if that would be difficult from Best point hotel

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

Asim, I do not know what you mean by that. Best Point Hotel is onl 650 meters or 10 minutes walk from the Sultanahmet tram stop."http://goo.gl/maps/Xk6mb".

enigma...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

Going beyond Sultanahmet won’t be a problem at all. The hotel is a short walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. Near the square between the two, where Divan Yolu Caddesi veers north toward Alemdar Caddesi is a tram stop. The tram can take you to Sirkeci, Eminonu, and across the Golden Horn to Beyoglu and the new city. The tram additionally goes the other way in the general direction of Fatih and the old city walls. There are many attractions and great places to explore within walking distance. Just my opinion, but proximity and accessibility to places of interest should not be a concern if you choose this hotel.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

Going out from Sultanahmet area is really easy. You can walk max 10 minutes to tram stop and it's really nice walk!

With tram you can go to Sirkeci, where you can take ferry to Asian side or Bosphours tour. If you want to go to Taksim, you just have to take tram to last stop - Kabatas and change to funicular to Taksim square. If you want to go to Galata tower and from there walk down Istiklal street to Taksim, it's only 4 tram stops ride.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Istanbul_Rapid_Transit_Map_(schematic).png

Blue line is tram line (T1). You can see yourself that staying near tram line is the best option. So it really does not matter that much where in Sultanahmet you are staying.

9. Re: Pros and cons of Best Point Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 06:17