We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

Is one of the new e-visas necessary for Turkey for Australian passport holders - I will be on a cruise ship calling in at Kusadasi and doing a short excursion to Ephesus, and also Istanbul. I hear that the rules will change from April and it will no longer be necessary if there under 72 hours but can't get this confirmed.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,840 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

LMCM111, If you stay at the cruise ship at nights (no hotels, friends house, etc.) and if your excursion at a specific area in Turkey (Kusadasi, Istanbul, etc.) does not exceed 72 hours, then you do not need a visa but will be issued a temporary permit to visit the country around the port o'call. You must arrive by the cruise ship and depart by the same cruise ship.

If, on the other hand, you depart by way of airports, or visit the country for more than 72 hours, then you need an evisa: "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/".

enigma...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

Thank you very much for that, very specific!

Western Australia...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

emerald princess visiting kusadasi 2015 do i need a visa to go there

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

No visa necessary for Australians

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,840 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

Frank, have a look at my post No.1. No visa is needed if your Kusadasi visit does not exceed 72 hours. You must depart by the same ship.

enigma...

Western Australia...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

grat thanks

7. Re: E-visa for Australians to Turkey while on cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2015, 06:16