We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Instanbul family vacation when daughter turns 18 years old

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Instanbul family vacation when daughter turns 18 years old

In April my family with five children (ages 8,10, 12, 15, and 17) will be visiting Istanbul. My daughter will turn 18 on a Saturday. Do you have any recommendations for an evening in Istanbul and will be special and memorable?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Instanbul family vacation when daughter turns 18 years old

Hi buttonloco,

Wow, quite a family! I think your daughter would love a modern fusion restaurant with great music and views. I'd recommend 360, Mikla and Leb-i Derya restaurants for you. All provide great ambiance and views (and they are pricey). You can ask either of those restaurants to bring a birthday cake after the meal. They can even play the "Happy Birthday Song" for your daughter if this is something she would like.

Happy travels to all of you and best wishes to your daughter in her new age.

Borus

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Instanbul family vacation when daughter turns 18 years old

Borus--thank you for your quick and very helpful post. I will follow up with each of these restaurants. Many thanks!

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Instanbul family vacation when daughter turns 18 years old

Good choices but hope you have a big wallet as with seven people your bill will be huge :-)

Here are some other options, depending on your daughter's tastes:

A surprise picnic in one of the city park's, perhaps Emirgan Park - the tulips will be in full bloom and there are lovely places to have a picnic there. You could go shopping in one of the street markets to get picnic food and get a specially made cake from a bakery.

A private boat tour along the Bosphorus. We did this for a friend's birthday and brought our own cake and snacks.

It really depends on your daughter - what is she especially interested in? Art? Food? Photography? If you give me a clue I can offer some more suggestions :)

4. Re: Instanbul family vacation when daughter turns 18 years old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:23