We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a little help in Istambul markets please

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
8 posts
Save Topic
I need a little help in Istambul markets please

Hi all,

I'm planning my 3th visit to Istanbul, and I already saw almost everything. This trip I will visit Chora Church, Princess Island (which will take 1 of the 4 days i'll be there) and a couple of places more, and the rest of the time i would like to see markets, malls..

So i would like to ask your suggestion :)

·Friday market which one is better Findikzade or Kadikoy? (it's true that kadikoy is not the same on friday?)

·Saturday market besiktas or bakirkoy?

·And is there a sunday market in Ortakoy?

I care most about good clothing, bags and some typical food.

About the malls I would like to visit one with a supermarket and also one outlet, which one would you recommend?

Many thankssss!

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

i would suggest Cvahir mall, it has good goods and a supermarket.

Beirut, Lebanon
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

thank you samerkq for the answer, i putted it on the list! :)

and what about the markets? anyone?:(

Beirut, Lebanon
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

come onnnn anyone??

:((((((

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

Hi Eithh,

Most street markets provide similar shopping experience and they mainly offer fresh produce. I think going to only one of them would be sufficient. Kadıköy, Bakırköy and Beşiktaş markets are larger ones so you can pick any of them. The shopping malls in Istanbul have different themes and brand mix. Tell us what specifically you are looking for so that we can guide you to the right mall (there are more than 100 modern shopping malls here). If you want outlet stuff, Optimum and Viaport are better outlet malls. Both are on the Asian side. Cevahir is the biggest mall in Istanbul. Its brand mix is comprised of mainstream local and international brands. Every shopping mall has a large süpermarket. If you would like to buy gourmet food, the best supermarkets would be Makro and Migros. You can find a Makro store in Kanyon mall and a Migros in Cevahir mall.

Happy shopping,

Borus

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
746 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

well as borus has mention street market offer the same products and items , most of them sell fake brands and cheap items , maybe used item too and in fact i dont see them worth the hassle due to the crowed inside them , mu suggest to try bakrikoy market on saturday due that he is just opposite the metro station , as for the mall i guess viaport is the best but also it will take almost all the day due that he is far away from city center , so if you dont have that much time then Olivuim will suit you , i find carrefour supermarket in marmara forums mall is very big one plus the mall is worth to visit it

Beirut, Lebanon
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

Thank you both for your answers :),

at the end i'm going to choose the market of saturday you told me about and some malls as u adviced me, the idea of the market was to see this part of Istanbul that i still didn't saw and see the clothes they speak about in internet.

Thank you for your time and it was very helpfull!

7. Re: I need a little help in Istambul markets please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:16