We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re moving about in Istanbul via public transport

Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Topic
Questions re moving about in Istanbul via public transport

1. May I know how long does it take for the tram ride from Sultanahmet to Kabatas?

2. How long is the journey by bus from Kabatas to Rumeli Fortress, and thereafter to Sakip Sabanci Museum in Emirgan?

3. What's the frequency of the bus from Rumeli Fortress to Sabanci Museum on a weekday?

4.. Is there a website in English that I can check these information re schedule, duration, route of public transportation?

5. How far do I need to walk to Rumeli Fotress from the point I alight from the bus? Is there a map/ direction available if it's a long walk?

6. Since I am already so close to the "land" route of Bosphorus cruise, is there a possibility to catch a one way ferry trip back to Eminonu from somewhere near Sabanci Museum ? Please advise how to do so, and the duration, costs and schedule (last ferry?)

7. If not, do advice an interesting location/ area/ place to be in the evening after my visit to Sabanci museum.

Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re moving about in Istanbul via public transport

1- That will take about 15-20 minutes.

2- From Kabatas to Rumeli Fortress by bus 25E, it should take about 40-50 minutes, all depending on the traffic.

3- Here are the estimated arrival time of the 25E bus at Emirgan. "iett.gov.tr/en/…L0024A"

4- Website is. "http://www.iett.gov.tr/en".

5- Rumeli Fortress is right at the bus stop. The rest is walk uphill inside the fortress.

6- Yes, If you use hop-on-hop-off ferry: "pereme.com.tr/en_hop-on-hop-off-stopping-by-…". There are 4 ferries during the day from Emirgan.

7- Ortakoy would be a very nice village on the Bosphorus to enjoy the evening.

enjoy Bosphorus,

2. Re: Questions re moving about in Istanbul via public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:32
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor