We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leather bags and jackets

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
adelaide
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
leather bags and jackets

Where is cheaper for leather goods,Spain or Istanbul, also approximate costs of bags and jackets

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,941 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leather bags and jackets

saveloy, welcome to Istanbul.

Cost of living in Madrid is about 34% higher than that of Istanbul: "expatistan.com/cost-of-living/…". Especially clothing is 42 % higher in Madrid. Leather jackets range in prices quite a bit according to quality. They range from 200 USD to 500 USD in price. I recommend the Beskardesler area of Zeytinburnu for very reasonably priced leather purchases (jackets, shoes, bags, etc.). Derimod is a major store there but there are others.

Take the bus BN1 or BN2 from Eminonu to Beskardesler bus stop at Zeytinburnu. The leather showrooms are all there (much cheaper than Grand Bazaar). "…yoltarifi.com/iett-bn1-hareket-saatleri-hal…".

enjoy leather goods shopping,

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leather bags and jackets

If you end up getting interested in leather bags & jackets in the Grand Bazaar make sure to take your time to bargain to at least 50% of initial asking price. If they want more simply move on as there are lots of leather bag & jacket stores found throughout the city.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: leather bags and jackets

Hi,

Which city in Spain ? Prices differ :)

adelaide
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leather bags and jackets

I am going to Barcelona, can I buy leather jackets and bags at a good price?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: leather bags and jackets

Hi Saveloy,

I looked for bargain leather handbags during my visit to Spain, including Barcelona, in 2012, but was disappointed. Not much variety and they were very expensive, e.g. AUD200 upwards. Honestly, you can buy cheaper and better quality in Adelaide! I wondered at the time what they did with all those skins from the bulls they kill. You see a lot of bulls' heads in the restaurants on the walls - what do they do with the rest of them?

adelaide
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: leather bags and jackets

Thankyou for that.It looks like a trip to David Jones or Myers then.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: leather bags and jackets

Hi again,

Istanbul will offer better prices compared to Barcelona. Check well known Turkish brands websites to have an idea:

http://www.derimod.com.tr/

http://www.desa.com.tr/

https://www.matras.com/

Alper

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: leather bags and jackets

Be aware that ALL the designer leather bags in the Grand Bazarr are fake and pretty obviously so. We were amazed in our recent visit to see shop after shop selling counterfeits - seemed to be endemic.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: leather bags and jackets

ALL brands listed above have their own stores and NONE of them are selling fake goods.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: leather bags and jackets

Agreed - I am referring to the "mulberry" "Chanel" and similar leather bags displayed in their thousands at the grand bazaar