We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Airport Transit International to Domestic

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Courmayeur, Italy
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul Airport Transit International to Domestic

We will be flying into IST on May 21 from Milan, Italy on Turkish Air, business. We will have our E-visas. I am American and my wife is Italian. We will be connecting on that day to Izmir. We do not have tickets for the ongoing flight yet and since I am using miles on the flight from Milan I cannot add on the continuing trip to Izmir. I will be purchasing ongoing separate tickets on line. I reviewed the comments about transiting at the Istanbul airport but am unclear about a few things.

In my planning for the ongoing flight, how much time should I allow to transit to my ongoing domestic flight? I am not sure if I purchase the separate ongoing ticket on Turkish Air that I will be allowed to check luggage through? So does it matter what airline the ongoing flight is purchased for?

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Airport Transit International to Domestic

Walking altogether ca 20 mins., all inside. Passport clearance varies, from 10 to 30 mins. If you fly with an airline to IST which is member of Star Alliance, as TA is, you can check your luggage through.

2. Re: Istanbul Airport Transit International to Domestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:17