We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

Day Date Location Description

Day 1 June 4 Istanbul 09:25 arrival transfer to your hotel

Day 2 June 5 Istanbul Full Day Tour (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hippodromme, German Fountain, Grand Bazaar)

Day 3 June 6 Istanbul Morning Turkish Bath - Afternoon Dolphinarium

Day 4 June 7 istanbul – Capp. Half Day Tour (Spice Bazaar, Rustempasa Mosque, Cruise on Bosphorus for 90 minutes) (Fly from Istanbul to Cappadocia)

Day 5 June 8 Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Ride and Goreme Tour (Ucguzeller, Dervent Valley, Pasabagi , Goreme Open Air Museum, Uchisar Castle)

Day 6 June 9 Cappadocia or Kus Free Day or optional Ihlara Tour (Fly from Cappadocia to Kusadasi or next morning)

Day 7 June 10 Kusadasi Full Day Ephesus Tour (Ephesus Ruins, Temple Of Artemis, House Of Virgin Mary, Isabey Mosque)

Day 8 June 11 Kus - Mykonos Ferry from Kusadasi to Mykonos via Samos (Kusadasi 09:00 Samos (Vathi) 10:30, Samos (Karlovasi) 16:55 - Mykonos 20:30)

Travel Inn Turkey
Balloon Rides, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Insider Travel
Boat Tours, Balloon Rides, City Tours, Private Tours
Barefoot Travel
Multi-day Tours, Day Trips, Balloon Rides, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
All Cappadocia Balloon Tours
Balloon Rides, Cultural Tours
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,043 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

I'm guessing that this itinerary was written by a travel agent who plans on earning lots of commissions booking "tours."

Unfortunately, not taking into consideration that the people who are travelling will be moving at such a fast pace that they will not have any time to actually absorb any of these amazing sights.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 23:51
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

Lisa, welcome to Istanbul.

You can do a lot of activities on day 2 during day 1. You arriving at Istanbul in the morning and are not going to waste your day. Do the Topkapi palace and Archeological Museum on Day 1.

The rest of your days are fine but frankly I would do istanbul on my own. Most historical attractions are within walking distance of each other and all you need is a good guide book like "DK Eyewitness Travel Guide", available from Amazon. I would take some tours at Cappadocia. While at Selcuk/Ephesus, I suggest you visit the wonderful village of Sirince.

enjoy Turkey,

enigma...

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

thank you very much for the response. We will be touring istanbul on our own.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

what neighborhoods can you suggest to try to find lodging in as a large family who will be walking on own to all attractions and wants to eat more locally than touristy?

5. Re: suggested itinerary for family with kids, input please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 07:15