We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

Our Istanbul itinerary is filling up quickly and it looks like the only day we will be able to get to Kadinlar Pazari is Sunday. I understand that the restaurants will be open so we will be able to get our buryan kebab fix but will the shops be open too? It's a fair way to travel from our hotel if there won't be much of an atmosphere........

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

Kadinlar pazari in Fatih is held on a wednesday not sunday.

In Turkish pazar means sunday, market, bazaar...

If you are limited to go on a sunday then your only pazar options are:

Beylikdüzü — Next to Adakent kültür merkezi (cultural center)

Mecidiyeköy- Bottom of Profilo A.V.M (shopping center)

Feriköy-Lala şahin sok.- Antique market

Out of these I'd probably pick Mecidiyeköy as it is the closest in experience to Fatih kadinlar pazari.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

So Kadinlar Pazari is only held on Wednesday? We visited on Friday last time we were in Istanbul in 2012 and there were food shops and restaurants open all around the square. I just wondered if these would also be open on Sundays. Is there a special market held there on Wednesdays?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

Kadinlar pazari is only held on Wednesdays in the streets surrounding Fatih mosque.

The area you are talking about that has the buryan restaurants is near the fire fighters museum which is in Zeyrek mahallesi which is between Sehzade mosque & Fatih mosque.

http://goo.gl/maps/9xGRh

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

Ah I see, thanks for the info, it's not Kadinlar Pazari I should have asked about, it's the square with the restaurants. Sorry for the confusion! I guess we'll just take our chances next Sunday, it's only a tram ride away after all. Thanks again.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,730 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

sandra_wright, You had the right wording for your question. The one next to Fatih mosque is called Çarşamba Pazarı and it is held on Wednedays only. It is one of the weekly markets in Istanbul. Kadınlar Pazarı on the other hand is open every day of the week.

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

Sometimes the wednesday Fatih market is referred to as the Kadinlar Pazari which is where the confusion comes from but the area around the buryan places is known as Kadinlar Pazari which is also known as Little Siirt by the locals due to the high number of restaurants established by people from that part of Turkey.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

It's worth a visit, nice to browse the food places and have a cup of tea under the aquaduct.

8. Re: Kadinlar Pazari - worth visiting on a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:15