We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Nth East Victoria
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Our booking does not include breakfast and the cost of the breakfast buffet at the Pera Palace is a bit too pricey for my liking (99TL pp). Can anyone suggest a cafe within walking distance of the Pera Palace for breakfast?

Thanks

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Someone will pop up and give you a better answer, but i know the area well, and you should not walk long to find a place. 99TL for breakfast, christ. But the hotel is extremely fantastic.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

This area has tons of places. Just walk to istiklal street and you will find plenty of choices.

If you like trendy please try the house cafe on istiklal near galatasaray or tunel. You are in the middle of them. Maybe galatasaray is more interesting as you can also enjoy people watching. It is a bit pricey though never 99 tl

There is also a place across the street. I don't remember it's name. It is to the left of the peak hotel.this is also not very cheap.

However istiklal street has other outlets like pastry shops where your breakfast would cost under 5 tl

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

I like Mado's "village" breakfast. Very yummy. Also, Saray's Menemen is heavenly. There are lots of places on Istiklal Street that you can have a great breakfast.

99 lira? That is insanely expensive.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 07:45
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Hi,

Lucky you! I'm sure PP will be an unforgattable stay. As mentioned above, you've countless options for breakfast. Let me list few come to mind:

- Limonlu bahçe: A nice garden not far from Galatasaray square. http://www.limonlubahce.com/

- K.V. : Passage facing tunnel square, open air again. http://www.kv.com.tr/

- Saray : Traditional Turkish. www.saraymuhallebicisi.com

- Kiva : Breakfast under Galata tower http://galatakivahan.com/index.html

- Midpoint : Seaview garden, 2 min. walk from PP. http://www.midpoint.com.tr/

If you're staying more than 5 days, come back :)

Alper

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Be sure while you are in such an ideal area for cafes and even street munching, that breakfast as well as 24/7 wonderful food is available at the small Ehlitat Lokantasi, right off Istiklal street on Balo Street. It is an insanely popular spot with local workers and the academia crowd, so it is always jammed and for good reason. And not just because of the great food, but for the also insanely reasonable prices. Pick an off-hour to avoid lines and enjoy hearty and/or healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and midnight snacks. Use the SEARCH BOX above to find the exceptional reviews on this and ......

Also, right around the corner is a small, but marvelous museum DOGANCAY. It takes no more than a few minutes to walk there, and can be covered in less than an hour. It is considered to be Istanbul's 1st Modern Art museum in an renovated 150-yr building with a facade that should be appreciated as much as the interior. The collection showcases urban "walls" and "doors" of the world through graphics, and dimensional and tangible sculpture, (note the ribbons!), tapestries, sculptures and photography. It is one of those "off the beaten path"places people stumble upon and still proudly maintains it's 38th position of the listof places to see.

The cafe in the Pera Museum is delicious and a perfect stop for refreshment after visiting the exhibitions.

Check out the famous "Turtle Trainer" and you will be dazzled by the brilliant golds and reds in this world-known work. And stop by the little picture booth around the corner for a fun and inexpensive momento.

Have fun.

]

Edited: 04 April 2014, 08:15
Nth East Victoria
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Thanks so much for your help. That's given me lots of ideas. In 10 days time I will be there. Can't wait.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Midpoint or Kitchenette would get my vote because they serve the best coffees. I think in Istiklal street that would be Midpoint, it has great views as well!

Not sure how other hotels would feel like offering people breakfast, but you could try the Galata Anemon Hotel the views from their roof restaurant are wonderful and you do not need to climb Galata Tower.

Enjoy!

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

I'm a regular traveller through Istanbul, so I go for the cheapest I can tolerate.

I guess if it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip I'd go for the Pera Palace Hotel.

When you walk out of Pera Palas Hotel, right then left takes you up Asmali Mescit Sokak, one of the more fun streets, full of restaurants. You need to go right up to Istiklal (100 yards) to start finding breakfast / lunch places.

I use the Devman Hotel when I'm there (50 yards from Pera Palas). For 90 TL I get a room for the night, including breakfast and Wi-Fi and a very decent bathroom. Satellite TV and Air-Con too. Downside: it can be very noisy. A couple of years ago my brother and family stayed at the 4 Seasons "at" The Bosphorus. Their Wi-Fi alone cost more than my night's B&B inc wi-fi.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Great question. We are staying at Pera Palace and had the same question, so this thread is welcome. We just had a fine breakfast at Midpoint on Istlacal. Doesn't open until 9am though.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cafe for breakfast near Pera Palace Hotel

Van Akdamar breakfast: not a chain like many of the others mentioned, run by a nice family:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293974-d3…