We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why do canadians pay that much for the visa

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
why do canadians pay that much for the visa

I was actually very sad to notice that the most expensive visa fee is for Canadians and Australians.

my daughter and I are coming next week and have to pay $140 for a visa.

I believe it is not fair and the Canadian government along with the Turkish have to look into it.

I have never paid that much for a visa.

sad sad sad

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

moe k, evisas that are obtained online in advance are only 60 USD for Canadian citizens so you would be paying only 120 USD for both of you. "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/". Canadian visas are also very expensive for Turkish citizens and the fees are determined reciprocally by the governments.

enigma...

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,753 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

Do you know how much it costs for a Turkish person to get a visa for Canada? A lot more than $70.

It costs $20 for a British person to get a visa for Turkey but if a Turk wants to go to the UK it costs 7 times that much.

Things aren't always fair are they?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

Your both right, but Turkey is a top destination for tourist and it should consider the fees....honestly I was shocked when I read that Canadians and Australians only pay that much.... Why not make a standard fee for all...like Jordan for example its 25Jd which is almost 25 euros for everyone.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

$100cdn for a Turk to visit Canada....reciprocity.

(interesting note - the UAE was charging Canadians $165cdn to enter that country up until last year, Americans didn't need a visa...$70 is looking pretty good!)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

we all know why UAE was charging Canadians that much.

it was free of charge untill 2012 when UAE had an issue with a canadian firm and they decided to implement the massive fee....but it was waved the following year

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
477 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

My point was that there are different visa costs and different reasons for those costs - regardless, still costing you and I less to visit Turkey than for a Turkish visitor to visit Canada.

melbourne
Level Contributor
20 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

I feel your pain, moe k.

We are going to Turkey from Australia - I was stunned to see that Australian citizens get charged exactly triple the amount US citizens do for exactly the same visa.

Doesn't make me feel particularly welcome, and even worse, makes me feel like I am going to be taken advantage of ....from the government down!

NZ
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

Become a New Zealander -it is free.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

langkawi-lisa, Ask Australian government to reduce the terriibly high visa fees for Turkish citizens and we will immediately reciprocate. Or become a Kiwi - you will be exempt from visa.

enigma...

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,753 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: why do canadians pay that much for the visa

Exactly Enigma! I don't understand why people always complain about visa prices to go to Turkey. It is always so much cheaper and easier for them to enter Turkey than it is for a Turkish person to go to any of these countries. They should think themselves lucky that they are able to travel to any country they want with no restriction...