We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Itinerary 4days. please review!

miami
Level Contributor
284 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Itinerary 4days. please review!

This is my 4 day schedule any comments and inputs will greatly appreciated.

Saturday : Should arrive at Neorion hotel by 5:30pm. maybe walk around neighborhood.

would love suggestion for rooftop dinner

Sunday: Basilica Cistern

Hagia Sophia

Blue Mosque

lunch

Ayasofya Hurren Hamman(next to Bue Mosque) @ 4p.m.

Dinner : ? ( love to take pictures dinner with views would be great )

Monday: Topkapi

Grand Bazzar

Lunch

Galata bridge

Isitikial Ave stroll

Tuesday: Spice market

Bosphorus cruise

Lunch and afternoon on Asian side( thanks to Egnima )

Dinner ?

Wednesday: open to suggestions , I would like to purchase some art (paintings)

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Itinerary 4days. please review!

Hi Curves, You itinerary reflects a visitor who already has a great understanding of the geography of the city. Generally you have arrange things well to maximize your time. If you want a great meal with lovely views of the city on the night you arrive you should have the staff at the Neorion make reservations for you at the Imbat. This is a very close walk from your hotel, and a great introduction to your visit to Istanbul.

Your Sunday schedule is practical. I enjoy the views from Hamdi, a popular restaurant located very near the Neorion on the other side of the Spice Bazaar. Ask the hotel staff to make a reservation for you for the top floor and request a table near the windows. You will have great vistas for lots of photos.

Your Monday schedule would be impossible for me. I spend between 4 and 6 hours in Topkapi, and I can easily spend most of the day in the Grand Bazaar. I would not be able to do both of those things before lunch. I might push the Galata Bridge and Istiklal Street into the evening hours to give myself more time at Topkapi and the Grand Bazaar. You can easily do this because Istiklal is open very late into the night.

Tuesday looks good. While you are in the Spice Bazaar stop in at the Airfoglu store and have Teslim mix a special scent just for you from his collection of essential oils. Lots of stores in the Spice Bazaar sell essential oils, but Teslim and his co-worker Orhan were the first to sell them, and have the most experience is mixing them. It is a pleasant experience to sip a glass of tea and let Teslim rub lovely smells on your arm. I also purchase my saffron from Teslim. Not every store in the Spice Bazaar is especially honest about saffron, and it is so expensive I want to make sure I am getting the real thing.

Generally we suggest to people that are visiting the Asian side that they enjoy a meal at the famous Ciya, and this would be one option for you. Kadikoy, however, has many outstanding restaurants where locals enjoy amazing cuisine. Enigma and Borus can make additional restaurant suggestions for you. I am having a mental block, but there is a fantastic seafood restaurant in Kadikoy where we ate last fall. I would highly recommend it, and either of those great DEs can provide you with the name.

On Wednesday there are a variety of things you will not yet have done. You might want to take a quick taxi trip to Chora Church, which is always on my "must see" list. If you want a very authentic experience you could spend a couple of hours at the Wednesday market in Fatih. Your hotel staff can help you reach this area. I think everyone should experience a weekly neighborhood market.

I do not purchase art, so I do not have an terrific suggestions. I have seen original art in the artists workshop across from Little Aya Sofya in Sultanahmet. There are two or three art shops on the first little street in Sirkeci next to the Gulhane Park wall. Just get off the tram at the Gulhane stop, walk across the street and walk right down the first street. This is a pleasant little street, and I actually did most of my gift shopping just on this street last year.

There is a terrific art gallery in the mall in the Sapphire building. I have seen some amazing paintings in this shop, and if I were going to invest in a painting this would probably be the first place I would go. They have some outstanding art. I am not a mall person, and the last thing I want to do in Istanbul is go to a mall, but I make an exception for the mall in the Sapphire Building because it is filled with unique shops. There is, for example, a store that only sells pickles. The view from the top is also something you would enjoy. You can take photos from the tallest building in the city.

I generally do not schedule my final day in the city. I spend that day doing the things I missed earlier in my stay, and shopping for items my children request at the very last minute. If you have spare minutes I would spend them just walking down some interesting streets. One of the best things we do in Istanbul is to just get lost where we almost always make an interesting discovery or have a unique experience.

Right across the street from the front door of the Neorion is Hodjapasha Street. This is one of our favorite places to eat. The street is just a series of tiny little restaurants. Typically each of them serve some special dish. I love the Cag Kebobs, and I love the restaurant that serves the lamb shank. This is not fancy dining, but the food is terrific and the prices exceptionally reasonable. Sometime during your stay you should at least walk down this street and enjoy a snack.

miami
Level Contributor
284 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Itinerary 4days. please review!

Dear Busy -Retired,

I have read some of your posts, sooo happy you replied to mine! So…

Sat. evening: neighborhood walk and dinner @ Imbat

Sunday : Hami or Mesale Cafe for Whiring Dirvish

Monday: I will also spend a great deal of time at The Bazaar so I will push back Galata Bridge and

Isitikial for evening .

Tuesday: yes, I had just added Ciya for lunch on Asian side

Wednesday: Is there any prior day i can fit in Chora church. I also like to leave the last day open as much as possible for the "I have to go there one more time"

again thank you so much

Zully(Curves)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Itinerary 4days. please review!

Hi Zully,

You have received some excellent advise from BR. I can only hope to answer BR's question about the great fish restaurant on the Asian side. It is Misina and IMHO, one of the top fish restaurants in the city. More information is here:

www.misinabalik.com

Enjoy,

Borus

4. Re: Trip Itinerary 4days. please review!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16