We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day itinerary 20-24/04 - Questions and advice please!!

cyprus
Level Contributor
48 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
4 day itinerary 20-24/04 - Questions and advice please!!

Having scoured through your advice and researched various sources I think I have managed to put together a 4 day itinerary for Istanbul and would appreciate your input as I am not sure whether it is doable or whether I’m squeezing in too much.

Sunday 20/4/2014 Arrival at 17:00 (Staying at Midtown Hotel, Taksim area)

• Istiklal street/Taksim/Beyoglu area, Cezayir sk, Çukurcuma

• Climb Galata Tower

Monday 21/4/2014

• Topkapi Sarayi & Hagia Irene Museum (Aya İrini Kilisesi)

• Ecumenical Patriarchate (Rum Patrikhanesi), Özel Fener Rum Lisesi and Meryem and Rum Ortodoks Kilisesi

• Chora Museum (Kariye Müzesi)

• Süleymaniye Mosque

• Εyup - Pier Lotti

• Dinner near Istiklal street

Tuesday 22/4/2014

• Ay. Sofia

• Sultanahmet Camii

• Hippodrome

• Yerebatan Sarnici

• Divan Yolu

• Misir Carsisi

• Kapali Carsi

• Station Sirkeci - Pera Palas

• Dinner at Ciya Sofrasi via Marmaray

Wednesday 23/4/2014

• Dolmabahce Sarayi

• Bosphorous cruise (Şehir Hatları ferry or Turyol for short Bosphorus cruise from Eminönü ). Perhaps as enigma2007 has previously suggested, buy one-way ticket for long Bosphorus cruise (15 TL) get off at Sarıyer, then take a bus 25E and get off at Emirgan station. After visiting Emirgan park take the same bus (25E) to Rumeli Hisari or Ortakoy and spend some time there.

Thursday 24/4/2014 Departure at 13:15

Also I’ m not sure whether on day one I should schedule first the visit to Eyup via ferry from Eminonu (or bus depending which is faster) and then take the cable car down and walk to other sites or do it the other way around. Is this realistic? If I can’t combine the Eyup area, do you think I can walk from the Ecumenical Patriarchate (Rum Patrikhanesi) to the Chora Museum?

Taking into account that Wednesday is a public holiday do you think the programme is ok? Are there any celebrations that we should be aware of?

I'm really thrilled about this trip and at the same time anxious to fit as much as possible in the available time.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day itinerary 20-24/04 - Questions and advice please!!

sunnycy, Here is a very recent thread also full of suggestions for a 4 days itinerary in Istanbul: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k7347…".

Looking at your proposal, Sunday is fine, Monday is a bit overloaded as Topkapi Palace and Hagia Irene might take 4 hours together (I would love to squeeze the wonderful Archeological Musum here as it is on the grounds of Topkapi Palace). On Tuesday I do not understand where Pera Palace comes in as it is not near Sirkeci. If you have the time, visit Pera Palace for high tea when you visit Istiklal street. You should spend at least a few hours at Kadikoy, besides Ciya Sofrasi. On Wednesday, for Bosphorus cruise, you may also consider hop-on-hop-off ferries departing from Kabatas: "pereme.com.tr/en_hop-on-hop-off-stopping-by-…". Have a look at my post 17, "tripadvisor.com/…57527885".

You can walk from the Patriarchate to Chora Museum but it is an uphill walk: Here is the route: "https://goo.gl/maps/xUYo7". It is a 23 minutes walk. It may be a better idea to visit Chora Museum first.

Have a great time in Istanbul,

enigma...

2. Re: 4 day itinerary 20-24/04 - Questions and advice please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:15