We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul in a day

Ipoh, Malaysia
10 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul in a day

Hi,

My family and I am planning a trip to Istanbul, with us will be 2 elderly relatives whom I don't think will be able to walk around Istanbul too much. So I'm planning to rent a van for the day so they can have a taste of Istanbul. Can anyone recommend places to visit?

The places I would like to take them to is Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern.

We'll probably be getting the Museum passes, is it worth the price?

Thanks!

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul in a day

If you are planning to visit Topkapi, Hagia , Blue Mosque and Basilica you don't need to rent van because all these are next to each other. If you look all these places at map you can see it yourself.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 10:45
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,474 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul in a day

harihta, those 4 attractions you mention are all next to each other. no need for a van. In Istanbul just use the excellent public transport system and if necessary the taxis. You should get one Istanbulkart for all of you and load it with fares. It will be good on all public transport (buses, trams, metros, ferries, local trains, sea buses, cable cars, etc.). Have a look. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5538…".

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul in a day

Hi Narihta

If you rent a van, you can plan Hagia Sophia(30mins stay), Topkapi Palace(2hours), the Blue Mosque(30mins), Basilica Cistern(30mins) as one drop-off point. The next would be Grand Bazaar(1hour). The third can be Egyptian Bazaar(30mins). Actually those three are close to each other but walking for elderly may not be pleasing, since it is a sloppy area. Van will help if you pick Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Bazaar. It totals to 5 hours of stay. If you still have time left, you can stop by Dolmabahce Palace(1hour).

4. Re: Istanbul in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 06:16