We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatala Bridge/ Bosphorus Cruise Itinerary

Level Contributor
26 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Gatala Bridge/ Bosphorus Cruise Itinerary

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Istanbul, and would like to explore the Taksim area one of the days there, but am confused slightly confused with where the landmarks are. So here's my itinerary, is this doable?

1. Start off with a Bosphorus Cruise (TurYol operator) from Eminonu -- does the 1.5 hr cruise bring you back where you board the ferry at Eminonu? Thought of visiting the Dolmabahce Palace, on the opposite end of Eminonu

2. From Dolmabahce Palace, walk to Taksim area and explore

3. From Taksim, walk/ take train to Gatala Tower and walk back to Eminonu area via the Gatala Bridge? I want to see the sunset while walking across the bridge.

Is the above itinerary doable? What else can I visit with the above itinerary?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,683 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatala Bridge/ Bosphorus Cruise Itinerary

daniel,

1- To visit Dolmabahce palace simply take the tram from Eminonu (or wherever you board it) to Kabatas and walk 5 minutes to the palace. Turyol Bosphorus cruise comes back to the pier where it dropped you off.

2- You can walk from Dolmabahce to Taksim via Gumussuyu road. However it is steep uphill. If you want a more comfortable trip, walk to Kabatas (5 minutes) and take the funicular (one stop metro) to Taksim.

3- Sure, you can walk along Istiklal street all the way to Tunel area and continue to walk along Galip Dede street to Galata Tower. It is best to be at the observation deck of Galata Tower at sunset time for magnificent views. Later you can still walk down further from Galata Tower and cross Galata Bridge to Eminonu. Have a look at my post No. 2 at the following thread. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4759…".

enjoy Istanbul,

enigma...

Level Contributor
26 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatala Bridge/ Bosphorus Cruise Itinerary

Thank you very much Engima for the wonderful review of Istiklal street! I'm sure much clearer now :)

Istanbul, Turkey
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatala Bridge/ Bosphorus Cruise Itinerary

Hi Daniel,

There is a great itinerary for Beyoglu area including art exhibitions,restaurants and shops.

I suggest you to check it out :)

…atdaa.com/posts/a-perfect-day-itinerary-for…

4. Re: Gatala Bridge/ Bosphorus Cruise Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:17