We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

Hello,

we are reaching the end of our long weekend in amazing Istanbul and starting to plan our route back to the airport tomorrow, I have a few quite specific questions.

We arrived by Havatas via Kadikoy, ferry and tram to Sultanamet and really enjoyed it. We would like to use this route back out to SAW. Can anyone confirm how long this would take and the right ferry/bus times to catch for connections, we fly at 21:00 so assume we need to be at the airport by 19:00 to check in etc.

Does the ferry from Eminonu to Kadikoy leave from where it dropped us off (by the fried fish boats after passing under the bridge) or the piers before the bridge?

Where do I find the Havantas bus at Kadikoy. It dropped off right in front of the ferry. Is this where they pick up?

finally, it is likely we will have a little credit left on our Istanbulcart. Can we use this in part payment for havantas?

Thank you hugely to any help which can be given. It is so helpful and I will endeavour to write a trip report on our return :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

To go from Sultanahmet to SAW using tram/ferry & bus will take the same time it took you to get to Sultanahmet

The ferry from Eminonu to Kadikoy will leave from the same place where it dropped you off when you first arrived there.

You will board the Havatas bus exactly at the same place where it dropped you off in front of the ferry.

havatas.com/kadikoy-sabiha-gokcen-havalimani…

You can use your Istanbulkart on the Havatas bus as it is considered part of the Istanbul public transport system

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

I was told by havas driver that the cards don't work and only cash is accepted, so Id have money ready as well in case.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

Hi ResmeN

thanks for confirmation of locations, I asked as neither dropped us where I was expecting, based on research so good to know departures are from same location.

Time wise, I have no idea how long it took to get in as I was on 'get to the city mode' and didn't take note of times. If anyone can advise that would really help me chose which ferry/bus to get.

Kachica, interesting to hear about not taking Istanbul cart. We will have cash, but I am keen to use up the last of the credit on it.

Does anyone know if the kiosk we bought it from at SAW will do returns/refund for credit? Is there a minimum amount to do this?

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

The ferries are approx every 20 mins. Why but go over to Kadikoy a bit early and have a tea right next to the ferry place. Give yourself more time. Havas takes about 40 mins but depends on traffic.

Not sure about refunds on the Istanbul card. You could give it to a poor person if you can't exchange it.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

Whibbletgibblet, Here are the schedules for ferries from Eminonu to Kadikoy. "sehirhatlari.com.tr/Images/kategori/kategori…" (page 4). Ferry takes 20 minutes. The Havatas buses depart just to the left of the Kadikoy pier the same place they dropped you off. Ask the driver if you can use the Istanbulkart because I have seen people use them on Havatas buses. If not keep the Istanbulkart for you return. You will come back some time and we all know that:-)).

enigma...

Suffolk
Level Contributor
954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

Hi guys,

Sorry been out enjoying an awesome last evening meal! And now having a quiet drink in the room with the french doors open listening to live music next door :) love this city!

I think you are both right. We will head over to Kadikoy early to have a wander and grab a last kebab and I will probably hang onto my 'kart' just in case I manage to get back :) Otherwise it will look good in the picture frame we do for each city break we do. :)

As always thank you for your help. This is an awesome, helpful, friendly forum. One of the best on TA.

7. Re: Detail for getting to airport (SAW) tomorrow please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16