We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestion on 2 day tour of Istanbul?

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestion on 2 day tour of Istanbul?

Am thinking of planning a 9-day vacation in Turkey with at least 2 days in Istanbul some time in Aug-Sep. With wife and 14 year old girl. Appreciate suggestions on not-to-missed spots in Istanbul. Thanks.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestion on 2 day tour of Istanbul?

7 "Must see" places in Istanbul for me are: Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, Blue Mosque and surroundings, Suleymaniye Mosque , Spice Bazaar, Grand Bazaar (not for shopping, rather just walk through), Topkapi palace.

Short Bosphorus tour gives also good view over city.

I could recommend so much more things - Galata Tower (For view), Rumeli Hisari, Emigran Park, Chora Church, Pierre Loti, Taksim square, Istiklal Street, Camilca hill etc, Kadikoy and Uskudar (Asian side). But it really depends how much time you have in Istanbul.

Maryland
Level Contributor
520 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestion on 2 day tour of Istanbul?

Sultanahmet sights are all close by and can be seen in a day, start first thing in the morning with the Topkapi, then Hippodrome, Basilica Cistern, Aya Sofya and the Blue mosque. You could also walk through the Grand and Spice bazaars, I particularly enjoyed walking through the latter.

3. Re: Any suggestion on 2 day tour of Istanbul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16