We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bursa or princes island?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bursa or princes island?

I am planning for a 5 days trip to istanbul with my wife and my young 6 months kid, our trip will begin at may19, i was planning to have 1 day outside istanbul, so which is better to go at that time of the year bursa or Princes islands, and what can i do in both

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bursa or princes island?

Hi,

Visiting Bursa is pointless at that time of the year, there is only Green Mosque you can see there. You can think about a visit to Agva instead of Bursa, there you can make boat tour on the lake and i think you will like it more than Princes Islands.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bursa or princes island?

Thanks Hakan, but what can i do in agva and how can i reach it from istanbul, and what can i do in princes islands also

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bursa or princes island?

In Agva there is a river surrounded by nice restaurants and hotels, you can take a 45 minutes river tour by boat it was 50 Turkish Liras in total last month when i visited. You can go there by public buses from Uskudar on the Asian Side. Here is the timetable for these buses;

iett.gov.tr/en/…BCs-Sefer-Saatleri

You can take full island tour at Princes Islands with Horse Carriage, you can go there by boat.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bursa or princes island?

Without a doubt I would suggest to visit Bursa instead of the Princes Islands or Agva.

The city has so much on offer that you could spend a week or more there easily.

It is easily reached by a fast ferry 1.5 hours or sea plane 30 minutes from Istanbul.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bursa or princes island?

ahmed, Bursa is not an alternative to AGVA or Princes ıslands. Those can be day trips. However if you go to Bursa, you should at least overnight there. If you want to go to AGVA, you can takethe municipal bus 139A from Harem. Here is a good website on AGVA: "http://exploreagva.com/en".

enigma...

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bursa or princes island?

With a baby I would choose the princes islands. Nearer and a more pleasant journey by ferry. Agva is nice but the bus takes a long time and on nice days, is often full and uncomfortable.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bursa or princes island?

is the teleferik in Bursa working? if it is, then a ride in it is very beautiful.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bursa or princes island?

It would be possible to do Bursa as a day trip but would be a rushed one and best to stay the night or more.

I recently did Edirne as a day trip. Caught 0700 bus from Istanbul arriving Edirne at 0930. Returned on 1800 bus arriving Istanbul at 2030. I had a domestic flight to catch to Izmir later that day otherwise I would have returned on a much later bus to Istanbul.

The teleferik is out of service as they are doing a complete overhaul of the old infrastructure.

9. Re: Bursa or princes island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16