We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosphorus boat trip question

mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bosphorus boat trip question

Hi everyone, AM excited, nervous...hoping the trip goes well...we are leaving for Istanbul tommorrow. Will be reaching IST early hours of 10th. heres the itinerary...

We will be staying at Innova in Sultanahmet. since we land at 2 in the morning on Saturday 10th may, we will crash into our beds and head out after breakfast. will do the Bosphorus boat trip.

Heres the question : i remember reading the suggested route by a DE which involved taking the boat part of the way, and then some other transport back...with suggested stops..cant find the link Could someone please please put the link up for me????

then sunday we plan to wander around as the other 4 members of our group join us by afternoon. Any suggestions? we dont want to do any major sights before our family joins us on SUnday.

Monday we fly early to cappdocia and have 2 days there. we will be back in Istanbul on 14th afternoon.

we plan on doing the major places and Asian side of Istanbul then we have till 16th night.

HAve a loose itinerary based on all the suggestions here. will play it by ear when we reach.

Thanks...and will let youll know how we do in a weeks time!

mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosphorus boat trip question

I wrote this under another post, but am reposting here...

1) The e-ticket site is not working..shows its under renovation. Has anyone been able to use it recently?

2) Can we book a couple days in advance while we are there?

mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosphorus boat trip question

I have a quote for 140 euros for transport from Kayseri airport to Goreme hotel and back for 10 passengers using pvt transport. Is that good?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,387 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosphorus boat trip question

vskam,

1) I think the thread you are looking for is : "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5296…". You can take the fulll Bosphorus cruise, one way, to Sariyer (15 TL) and then use the bus 25E to visit different villages along the Bosphorus (like Emirgan, Rumeli Fortress, Bebek, etc.)

2) If the eticket site is not working, you can still buy the Museum Pass. "https://www.muze.gov.tr/buy_museum_pass".

3) You can get the pass or etickets any time. There is no advance booking for entry into the museums.

4) Thet airport transfer price is a bit more than you should pay. Heritage Travel that I used has Mercedes Sprinter (12 people) private shuttle for 80 Euros. "http://www.goreme.com/airport-transfers.php".

good luck,

enigma...

mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bosphorus boat trip question

Thanks Enigma...will print it asap...1h to leave for the airport!!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,387 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bosphorus boat trip question

vskam, Have a great flight.

enigma...

6. Re: Bosphorus boat trip question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17