We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malls / Outlet centres

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Malls / Outlet centres

Dear all,

Please suggest which malls and outlet centres in Istanbul are a must visit. Please also mention how to get there from Taksim by public transport. Thanks.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Hi Skaarraeem,

The best ones which you can use metro to reach are Cevahir Mall, Kanyon Mall, Istinye Park, Metro City.

You can also visit Istanbul Forum and Marmara Forum if you have time, It is a bit compilicated to get these Malls.

Best outlet malls are Olivium, Optimum and Via Port. You can use funiculer from taksim and tram from kabatas to go Olivium, other ones are on the asian side.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Skaarraeem, I like Cevahir Mall at Sisli metro stop from Taksim, Zorlu Center at Gayrettepe metro stop, Kanyon Mall at Levent Metro stop and Istinye Park Mall at ITU-Ayazaga metro stop.

For Outlet Centers, go to Viaport and Optimum. Take the funicular from Taksim to Kabatas and the seabus from Kabatas to Bostanci (weekdays only) and at Bostanci board the free service bus of Viaport Mall. "viaport.com.tr/directions/shuttle-schedule.a…". They depart in front of the seabus pier.

To go to Optimum Outlet Center, take a ferry from Kabatas to kadikoy and the metro from Kadikoy to Yeni Sahra station and walk to mall over the bridge.

Here is the metro and tram systems map. "…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…29.png".

good luck,

enigma...

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Thanks a lot Hakan.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Thanks Enigma. So the same metro from taksim goes to the various malls and I just have to get off different stations?

If I have to choose only one of the outlet malls of the two mentioned by you then which one should it be?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Enigma please advice the route to go to the forum mall from Taksim.

I read a lot about the sapphire mall specifically the observation deck. How do I get there from taksim?

I will be staying at the grand hyaat. How far is the funicular and the metro stations from there? Are the stations stroller friendly? I will be using a fully collapsible light weight stroller for my 2 year old.

P.S. you should write a book and it will be a bestseller. What awesome knowledge.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Skaarraeem, thank you very much for your appreciation of what I do here at the forums. It is because of people like you who knows how to appreciate the work of others that I continue posting here.

Now to go Sapphire mall from Taksim, simply get on the metro and get off at 4th Levent metro station. There is a walkway to the mall from the metro station.

Grand Hyatt is very close to Taksim metro station, just 3 - 4 minutes walk.

enjoy Istanbul,

enigma...

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Hi Enigma, I Must commend you for being available to help us out, thank you....I will be visiting Istanbul in June and staying near Etiler. I am flexible on going around and interested in shopping for lady office suits/ dresses,smart casual clothes for ladies, Men suits and shirts. Fair/Low pricing will be appreciated. Where would you recommend I concentrate with the shopping?

Also, what times do shops close or open? Is this the same with Sundays?

Kendi

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

Kendi, I did not quite understand whether you want to buy wholesale for a store or do some retail shopping for yourself.

enigma...

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

I would like to buy retail for myself.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malls / Outlet centres

kendi, At Etiler, there is a very nice mall called Akmerkez. "http://www.akmerkez.com.tr/en". They have everything you want there and high quality. Good prices too. All malls in Istanbul are open between 100.00 am to 10.00 pm every day of the week. This will be a great venue for shopping. Other good malls are Cevahir mall at the Sisli metro stop and Zorlu Center at Gayrettepe metro stop. Istiklal street and Nisantasi areas are also great for shopping. Have a look at my Nisantasi walks thread. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4875…".

good luck,

enigma....