We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen stopover.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen stopover.

Hi there,

I am looking to fly from Antayla to Tel Aviv. Most of the flights go through Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen. The best timed flight for me however only has a 1 hour connection.eg, arrives at Sabiha at 12.40pm from Antayla and flight leaves at 1.40pm to Tel Aviv, so leaving me 1 hour to get to the second Flight. Pegasus is the airline. Is this do-able(obviously alot of risk involved) or is it much to risky to even think about?? Why would they offer this??

Much appreciated,

Chris

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen stopover.

Chris, I do not know why they offer it, but it is very risky. Once you arrive from Antalya, you will be arriving at the domestic terminal because it is a domestic flight, so you will have to go out and re check in for your Tel Aviv flight and go thru a long line of security and passport control. Even if they check your bags all the way thru Tel Aviv at Antalya, still it is very risky. We have had people complaining at the forums about missed flights because of such connection times. My suggestion is to take an earlier flight to SAW from Antalya and it does not have to be Pegasus. For domestic flight and fare checks, have a look at "www.aerobilet.com".

good luck,

enigma...

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen stopover.

Thanks for your quick responce, having to re check in does sound like a pain and adds to the list of possible delays so istead of spending the morning stressing an earlier flight seems sensible, Thanks, Chris

3. Re: Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen stopover.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:18