We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can an Australian provisional driver drive in Turkey?

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Can an Australian provisional driver drive in Turkey?

Hi,

I'm going on a holiday to Turkey and was thinking of hiring a car around Bodrum. I currently hold a provisional 2 license in Australia. Am I eligible to drive in Turkey?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,806 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can an Australian provisional driver drive in Turkey?

negin, I checked the conditions of Provisional 2 drivers licence in Australia. Yes you can drive and rent a car in Turkey with your licence as long as your licence has not expired. You must be very careful not to drive under the influence in Turkey and not to exceed the speed limits. They will not only issue very heavy fines but may even confiscate your licence.

good luck,

enigma...

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can an Australian provisional driver drive in Turkey?

Thank you for the advice Enigma!

Negin

3. Re: Can an Australian provisional driver drive in Turkey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:17