We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Hello,

I hold an egyptian passport along with a US greencard, I purchased a E-visa and stated that my supporting documents is a residence permit from OECD COUNTRY which is USA? is this correct or must I do something extra?

Thanks!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Green Card is a valid document and it is a kind of visa. And yes, the USA is an OECD country. You do not need any other visa related document. Make sure that you fullfil the other requirements (return air ticket, hotel reservation, etc) beside your evisa.

Best of luck,

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Aia S,Here is what I suggest. The following are, and I quote from the evisa website, are the Turkish evisa requirements for Egyptian citizens:

"You must meet all the requirements listed below in order to obtain an e-Visa. Please confirm that you meet these criteria by clicking the boxes next to them. If you do not meet any of these requirements and you proceed with your application, your e-Visa will be invalid.

I can prove that I hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of my stay.

I am travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.

I have a round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air.

I hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date I intend to enter Turkey.

I am below 20 or over 45 years old; or I hold a valid supporting document (Schengen visa or a valid visa from one of the OECD member countries; or a residence permit of a Schengen or an OECD country). Please note that e-Visas are not accepted as supporting document.

I confirm that I meet each and every one of the conditions listed above."

If you satisfy all those requirements, including round trip travel to Turkey from US by Turkish Airlines, then you qualify for an evisa. Otherwise your evisa will be invalid. If you do not satisfy ALL those requirements, then you should apply for a regular Turkish tourist visa at the Turkish Consulate at NYC.

good luck,

enigma...

Brooklyn, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Thank you eveyrone! I am actually going with a program called Teach and Travel which I will be dorming in University Housing! I have a letter to state that as well as them paying me for teaching, That should suffice instead of hotel reservations right?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

I am not sure that you can enter Turkey with a tourist visa to join a work and travel program. You should better check that with the program organizers. Since you will work and be paid in Turkey, you are supposed to pay tax and I suspect you can do it without a tax number.

I would advise you to get in touch with your host in Turkey.

Borus

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Aia S, You need to get in touch with the Turkish Consulate in person at NYC and explain them the situation. They will advise you on the right procedures.

enigma...

Save Reply
6. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

My husband went to Egypt on jun 21st and suppose to return September 17th he is born eygptian but now hold a Us green card now I have no knowledge of the precaution or details to come back but I just heard news that he is having issues that he is suppose to apply to university or something please help

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

I'm Egyptian,I just obtained an evisa for turkey, but the following terms doesn't suit me:

I am below 20 or over 45 years old; or I hold a valid supporting document (Schengen visa or a valid visa from

one of the OECD member countries; or a residence permit of a Schengen or an OECD country). Please note that e-Visas are not accepted as supporting document.

I'm 30 years old ,and i have return ticket and hotel reservation, will it be a problem when i arrive at turkey?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,570 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

Mohamed, You will find below, an I quote verbatim, the evisa requirements for Turkey for Egyptian citizens.

"You must meet all the requirements listed below in order to obtain an e-Visa. Please confirm that you meet these criteria by clicking the boxes next to them. If you do not meet any of these requirements and you proceed with your application, your e-Visa will be invalid.

I can prove that I hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of my stay.

I am travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.

I have a round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines or Egypt Air.

I hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date I intend to enter Turkey.

I am below 20 or over 45 years old; or I hold a valid supporting document (Schengen visa or a valid visa from one of the OECD member countries; or a residence permit of a Schengen or an OECD country). Please note that e-Visas are not accepted as supporting document.

I confirm that I meet each and every one of the conditions listed above".

You have to satisfy ALL these requirements otherwise your evisa is invalid. If you are 30 years of age, you need to have a valid Schengen or a valid OECD member country visa or residence permit besides the other requirements to qualify for a Turkish evisa. If you don't, you need to apply for a regular Turkish tourist visa at the Turkish embassy in Cairo.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 12 September 2014, 14:02
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

thank you

10. Re: Egyptian Passport, US Green card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 06:16