We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are tulips still blooming at Emirgan this time of year?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
133 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Are tulips still blooming at Emirgan this time of year?

Hi, I will need to know this to see whether its worth visitng Emirgan Park at this time of year. Anyone been there the last 1 or 2 days?

If I decide not to go to Emirgan Park from Sariyer and go direct to Rumeli Fortress, do I still take the 25E bus from Sariyer?

And from Rumeli Fortress, which bus do I take to Dolmabache Palace?

Thanks. Am planning to do the Bosphorus cruise tomorrow.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,715 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are tulips still blooming at Emirgan this time of year?

YusriSafri, I doubt the tulips are blooming anymore. So you can skip the park. It is the same bus 25E that goes to both Rumeli Fortress and Dolmabahce Palace. In fact the weather is very nice, you can walk to Bebek from Rumeli Fortress, enjoy a cafe/bar there (Bebek Hotel has very nice cafe by the sea), and again continue with 25E. Don't forget, there is also a hop-on-hop-off Bosphorus cruise that starts from Kabatas: "pereme.com.tr/en_hop-on-hop-off-stopping-by-…".

enjoy Bosphorus,

enigma...

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are tulips still blooming at Emirgan this time of year?

Thank you so much Enigma. Fantastic advice.

Izmir, Turkey
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are tulips still blooming at Emirgan this time of year?

I went to the park about 2 weeks ago and the tulips were done blooming. Enigma is right, the 25E takes you along the coast, it will go from Sarriyer and has stops at Emirgan, Rumeli Hisari, and Kabatas (where Dolmabahce is).

4. Re: Are tulips still blooming at Emirgan this time of year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24