We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary dinner rec w/ 2 toddlers

New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
anniversary dinner rec w/ 2 toddlers

We will be in Istanbul on our anniversary with our 1 and 3 year old. We need someplace special to eat, but obviously not fancy or overly romantic. So looking forward to a special night for our family. We are most likely staying at sokullu pasa in Sultanahmet. Thank you.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,503 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary dinner rec w/ 2 toddlers

gabid, My favorite restaurant over there is Imbat Restaurant at Sirkeci, "tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293974-d8…". ıt is at the rooftop of Orient Express Hotel, and has gorgeous views and outstanding food: "imbatrestaurant.com/index.php/menu/a-la-cart…". Just take the tram one stop from Sultanahmet to Gulhane stop, and walk 3 minutes to restaurant (hotel on tram track avenue). There are also other good restaurants at Sirkeci: "www.sirkecirestaurants.com". Imbat needs reservations.

good luck,

enigma...

New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary dinner rec w/ 2 toddlers

Thanks for suggestion. I had even looked at that hotel to say. However,the earliest booking is at 7 and we need earlier for the kids. Maybe I will consider the hotel restaurant where we are staying. Where do foodies go in Istanbul? I'm guessing not Sultanahmet.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary dinner rec w/ 2 toddlers

Good restaurants rarely open before 7pm in Istanbul. Foodies in Istanbul rarely dine before 8pm or later. Your options for something elegant are somewhat diminished. Restaurants in Sultanahmet cater almost exclusively to tourists, which is one of the reasons I generally avoid them. It is, however, possible to eat a meal at almost any time in Sultanahmet. I would probably consider Mosaic on Divan Yolu. Our meals in this restaurant have been fairly consistent and the service is excellent. I suspect that the meal would be better than what you would have in your hotel, and the service is fairly swift. If the staff understand that you do not wish to linger they will generally meet your need.

I cannot remember, but I think Hamdi, near the Spice Bazaar is open for dinner prior to 7pm. If you reserved a room on the upper floor near a window you would have lovely water views and authentic Turkish cuisine. The service is excellent and your children would probably not be miserable.

4. Re: anniversary dinner rec w/ 2 toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17