We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
387 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

Am traveling in June 2014 with family to Turkey and visiting Capaddocia and Oludeniz both.

My budget allows me to take any one ride

Hot air balloon or Paragliding

Can TA members suggest which would be more fun

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,163 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

asimm76, I can't say much about paragliding on a personal basis, but here is my review of my balloon trip: "tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297983-d183…".

enigma...

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

Totally different experiences. Paragliiding is a short thrill (with incredible sea views) so if you are an adrenaline junkie, that is for you. The balloon trip on Cappadocia is far more of an experience, lasts longer, gives you time to appreciate the views, and (unless you have a bump landing but they are pretty rare) much more relaxing.

If I could only do one, it would be the balloon trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

Paragliding in Oludeniz is an awesome activity to partake in coupled with the increased heart rate.

Ballooning in Cappadocia is very tame in comparison to paragliding but still nice nonetheless.

Paragliding is 75 eur & balloon is 100 eur. They are both fun.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

I echo what GTTD has suggested. Paragliding is an extreme sports activity and the balloon ride is a cultural activity. I would pick the latter since nothing gives you the serenity and the awe of being in the air, watching the lands shaped by nature for thousands of years of seasonal cycles. Truely amazing!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
387 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

thank you all

have decided to go with HOT AIR BALLOON

6. Re: Hot air balloon Capaddocia OR Paragliding at Oludeniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16