We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reception Venue Istanbul???

Claremont...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Reception Venue Istanbul???

I am in the beginning stages of planning a wedding reception in Istanbul for June of 2015. However, I will be in Istanbul next month and would like to narrow down some venue choices to look at while I am there as I will not have another chance to see places in person before the wedding. I would like to do a cocktail reception only, with drinks and appetizers for about 90 people. I am on a tight budget (I would love to find a place for around 60TL per person), but I am not very picky about the place, ideally it would be near bosphorus, or at least on the european side of the city. These things I am willing to compromise on as well if the place fits our style and budget. We will be having the ceremony at the registry office and we are not that interested in having room to dance. Just a nice place to throw a cocktail party so that we can mingle with our guests is all we care about. Thanks in advance for your input!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

Christina, here are a couple of previous threads on this topic: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3268…", and "tripadvisor.com/…25331825".

I am afraid your budget is on pretty low even for a reception only. You need to revise that. I would duggest experienced organizers like Ciragan Palace hotel, Swisshotel, etc. You may also be interested in a Bosphorus sunset tour in a private boat. "http://www.turnatour.com/". The Lufer company has a promotional campaign right now for wedding cocktails coupled with 3 hours boat tour for 35 TL: "lufer.com.tr/Sayfa/Oku/bogaz-da-teknede-dugu…".

good luck,

enigma...

Claremont...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

Thank you for your input, I actually have been reading over your posts for several days now and have sent out some emails to the places you have suggested. You're right about the budget, as a lot of newly engaged people I think, I had NO idea how expensive things could be! I have upped my budget to 80TL, still not much but it seems to me if I go to the Asian side I might have more options? It doesn't seem as expensive as the more touristy European side and therefore a bit less expensive. Do you have suggestions for that area? Near the water is still very ideal! Unfortunately the boat idea won't work as I get sea sick very easily. :/ Thanks again!!!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

Christina P, Asian side may have more reasonable prices. For your cocktail party, I have three places in mind.

The first is Doubletree Hilton Moda at Kadikoy, by the water. They have a branch of 360 restaurant (main one at Beyoglu) at the roof terrace and it has outstanding views of the Old City. The scond choice could be the Wyndham Marina Hotel at Kalamıs which also has outstanding views, and finally the third choice would be the Cafe de Pari restaurant at the rooftop of Suadiye Hotel by the sea at Suadiye. Here are the links for you: "…hilton.com/en/events/weddings/index.html", and "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d358855…", and "http://www.cafedeparis-suadiye.com/".

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 02 June 2014, 05:11
Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

Hi,

June is peak season for weddings and prices go up. It can be done for 80 TL pp but your expectations shouldnt be high. If you prefer weekday Mon-Thu, it would be cheaper. Also, keep in mind that there's always hidden costs. (Cake, DJ, photographer etc. are generally charged extra)

Once you're in Istanbul, start visiting hotels in Taksim (Talimhane) district. Area can be easily accessed by guests and a rooftop venue may offer bosphorus view.

Alper

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

First let me congratulate you on your upcoming marriage. I wish you and your fiance a life full of love and happiness.

As to your question related to the reception venue: I agree with Alper that selecting a venue in a central place which can be easily accessed by your guests, is very important. You can also consider having your wedding party at a meyhane. This would be very atypical and unforgetable both for you and your guests. There are cute meyhanes in Asmalımescit off Istiklal Street.

All the best,

Borus

Edited: 02 June 2014, 09:58
Claremont...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

Thank you all for your suggestions and well wishes!! I am wondering if we had the wedding in late May it would make a difference on price? I am actually having quite a hard time getting most places to respond to my requests for information, I even had my boyfriend write some places in Turkish, wondering if my messages weren't being responded to because they were in English. Still no luck :(. But I really like the idea of a traditional meyhana! I can't believe my boyfriend didn't suggest it before! If you have the name or names of any that you particularly like I would LOVE to look into that! Thanks again everyone! I am so very appreciative!!

Christina

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

I would do what the locals do, and rent one of ferry's and have it on the Bosphorous.STUNNING. I took one from the Eminou dock at dusk/night and They had white round tables and white patent leather chairs set up inside downstairs, with beautiful lighting. it was surely for a wedding. It was only $5 per person for the public cruise im sure with drinks it would be like $20 a person maybe. Again look for the boat with the white round tables and white patent leather chairs leaving around dusk. Im sure they use it for that purpose/private events.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 02:31
8. Re: Reception Venue Istanbul???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16