We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for Incense

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping for Incense

Hello- where can I find frankincense/bukhoor in Istanbul? We're spending some time at the Egyptian Bazzar tomorrow and was wondering if this is something commonly sold in Istanbul. Thank you very much!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping for Incense

You are going to the source of frankincense/bukhoor at the Egyptian bazaar.

I can recommend Arifoğlu whom have been operating there for many years.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping for Incense

I would certainly add my recommendation of Airfoglu to that of ResmeN's. Teslim is one of the most hospitable people I have ever known. If he does not stock what you want, he will locate it while you enjoy a glass of tea. I like the fact that his spices are not out on display in the open where they quickly lose fragrance and flavor. His saffron is authentic and not outrageously priced. He has always been exceptionally fair with us in all of our transactions.

3. Re: Shopping for Incense

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:15