We have planned for 10 days Turkey trip with Istanbul, Cappadoica, Bodrum & Izmir. Keeping in mind suggestions here on TA, we have planned 3 nights initially and 1 night in the end at Istanbul. We are family of four with boys age 6 & 4. Below is our Istanbul plan:
Day 1 Fri (June 20) - Arrival @ IST 12:30 PM - We are staying at Kalyon.
Leave from Hotel by 4 PM. Topkapi Palace & Grand Bazzar & Spice Bazzar. Dinner in Sultanamet area
Day 2 Sat - Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Gulhane Park, Aya Sofya, Basilica Cistern
Take Packed Lunch; Catch 2:30 Ferry to Haskoy reach there by 3:10
Spend 3/4 Hours at Rahmi M Koç Museum
Take evening ferry back - enjoying the sunset - Dinner in Sultanamet area.
Day 3 Sun - Small Bospherous Tour . If any of the places are missed on Day 2, visit those.
Take tram from Sultanamet to Karakoy. Walk to Galata Tower. If lines are too long skip going up on tower. Walk to Istiklal Street & Take tram to Taksim Square. Have dinner and head back to Hotel.
If there's spare time, go to Sisli Cevahir or Trump Towers Mall for shopping & Kid's activities
Day 4 Mon - Early morning (7:10 AM) flight to Cappadocia from IST
Day 4&5 Mon/Tue Cappadocia
Day 6&7 Wed/Thu Bodrum
Day 8 Fri Izmir
Day 9 Sat - Flight to Istanbul - reaching IST @ 1:00 PM
Shopping rest of the day - Grand Bazzar / Spice Bazzar OR Aviation Museum & Start City / Olivium Outlet / Mall of Istanbul
Day 10 Sun (June 29) - Flight back home @ 1:20 PM
Questions / Recommendations:
* Does the above look doable or will it be too crumble some? With kids, we are anticipating that we won't be able to spend much time at one place and we will need to keep taking snack breaks every 2-3 hours.
* Should we buy Muze Pass to avoid lines? It appears that E- tickets are not available on-line while Muze Pass is available.
* Ferry / Water Taxi suggestions as we need to take Ferry Up & Down Koc Museum.
* Are there any early morning ferries for Biospheres tour?
* Please suggest good Vegetarian restaurants.
* Suggestion for stay for last night - should we book same Kalyon hotel or something nearer to IST Airport?
* Our last three days, Ramadan may start so should we be prepared for any special situation?