We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

Hi

I have just booked and paid for a holiday to Turkey and it's my first time there.

Just had a few questions if anyone could help it would be appreciated.

I have an Israeli Visa in my British passport, is this at all a problem?

We arrive at Ataturk Istanbul around 11pm local time and was just wondering how easy it was to get a taxi at that time? Do you have to haggle or do they go by the meter? How much would it roughly cost for 30km distance one way?

We have 3 full days in Istanbul and the hotel is Hilton Bomanti which l believe is a distance from the centre, so just wondering roughly what you suggest as costs/spending and also essential things not to miss?

We will also be getting a flight to Antalya and again need a taxi to go to Voyage Belek from there, which again l am assuming is easy to get? From there its all inclusive but planning to have at least 2 days out of the resorts for day trips, any suggestions? Any travel agencies based out of belek you would recommend or just go through the hotel?

Sorry for all the questions in advance, l have no idea what to expect in Turkey but have travelled widely in Asia & the middle east.

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,286 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

jaz, welcome to Turkey.

- No problem at all. There are thousands of Israeli citizens roaming around in Istanbul.

- You can find a taxi at Ataturk Airport 24/7. A taxi to Hilton Bomonti will cost around 50-55 TL. They all have meters and should go by the meter. You should try to give close to exact amount as possible and announce the denomination of each bill.

- From Hilton Bomonti, use the metro at Osmanbey stop to reach Taksim , Kabatas and Sultanahmet.

- Visit Nisantasi area nearby starting from Osmanbey. Have a look: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4875…".

- Essentials not to miss are the historical attractions at Sultanahmet, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Galata Tower, Istiklal street/Beyoglu, short Bosphorus cruise for 1.5 hours by Turyol, and a 20 minute ferry trip from Eminonu to Kadikoy (the Asian side).

- For questions about Antalya, it is better to ask them at the Antalya forums.

good luck,

enigma...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

Hi Enigma,

Thanks for the tips, that' really helpful. Just lastly in regards to weather around 1/10 to 9/10 generally speaking what should l pack? I'm guessing around 20-25 degrees?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,286 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

You guessed right. It will still be warm. Might be cooler in the evenings though so you may need a jacket.

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

Hi jaz,

Seems like you're a bit anxious. Turkey is more likely Eurpean rather than middle east or far east.

Answers to your questions:

- Israel visa is not an issue.

- You should take airport taxi. All taxis have meter and you pay 2,95 + 1,83 TL/km. 30 km.s will cost around 60 TL. Airport is open 7/24.

- Taxi is always an option in Antalya but contact hotel for transfer first. Hotels are lined on coast and there's no center around to find a local travel agency. If you're planning two days out of hotel, I advice you to rent a car at airport. In that way, you dont need to pay taxi and do your sightseeing by yourself.

Alper

5. Re: Holiday to Istanbul/belek from 1/10 to 9/10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17