We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lightbulbs for Lantern

Gunma Prefecture...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lightbulbs for Lantern

So on my trip in April I bought a lantern at the Grand Bazaar (yeah, I know, I pretty much regretted it as soon as I did it but oh well). Everything electrical came with it, except a lightbulb. How cheap! I'm trying to figure out what size lightbulb I can stick in it... I know this is probably a long shot because I can't even identify the store I got it at, but if anyone has purchased a lantern at the bazaar and wouldn't mind checking what size lightbulb they use for it, I'd appreciate it! I think it is somewhere between 11mm and 17mm, but that's a big range for a guess... I live out in the country and the only store that carries lightbulbs near me didn't have one that fit, so I might have to buy online. I'd rather get the correct size first if possible!

Thanks!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lightbulbs for Lantern

Jess, Here is some info that might be useful for you: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k1715…", and "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4910…", and "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6974…".

good luck,

enigma...

Gunma Prefecture...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lightbulbs for Lantern

Thanks! That's weird, I searched for "lightbulbs" but only that first entry popped up, which wasn't very helpful. I suppose I also should have mentioned I live in Japan, and the bulbs are in mm here... I don't know what an "M5" is as recommended on one of the posts. Ah well, I guess I'll just take it in and see if they can order something for me to fit it.

3. Re: Lightbulbs for Lantern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24