We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

Johannesburg, South...
4 posts
Save Topic
Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

Hi...

I fly into Ataturk Int.airport on the 18 July 2014 at 05H00.

After a long haul, are there showers and toilets in the terminal, where you can freshen up and change clothes?

Thanks for answering my question.

Peter

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

Plenty of toilets but not showers.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

and the toilets are not clean , dirty at best

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

They used to be much dirtier & have improved a lot over the years.

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

The toilets at IST are not dirty, that is a lie

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

I, too, find the toilets at IST airport quite clean. Actually most of the public toilets are pretty okay.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 06:02
Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

Roald , why you call me a liar , why should i lie in something like that , i given a true statement from my experience and do you think it will destroy istanbul reputation ?? , come on this is not the first time that you answer people with that rude way and in fact i don't accept your reply at all , most of people here know me in person and know how much i am neutral about istanbul judging , and the concept of " clean " differ from a person to another also the airport toilet cleaner differ from time of rush to another time , so next time please try to reply in more decent way and it is open forums every one can say negative or positive thing and you dont have any right here to say LIE , watch your language and i hope you watch your way tooo

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

My experience with the toilets at Ataturk airport is that it is pretty much luck!

I have seen them pretty clean and other times they have been really awful - but that is airport toilets all over the world!

At 5am the airport won't be that busy so you may be lucky! They are OK to wash hands and change clothes though.... There are no showers (there may be in some of the pay to use lounges but they will probably not be open that early).

8. Re: Showers and Toilets at Ataturk International Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17