We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I have this right?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Do I have this right?

Staying at the Doubletree Old Town.

Is my transportation info correct?

We are arriving to Ataturk airport on a Saturday at around 5pm. Take metro at the airport to Zeytinburnu. Transfer to TRAM T1 , get off at Laleli University.

Might go to Taksim/Istiklal that night. From hotel take T1 to Kabatas. Change to F1 Funicular . Or is it more convenient to take the metro M2 from Vezneciler and avoid transfers?

Day 2 Sunday - Walk to sites, Hagia Sofia, Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque…. Can also take T1 to Sultanahmet.

Day 3 Monday – We can walk to Grand Bazaar from hotel.

Bosphorous cruise from/to Eminonu. From hotel take T1 To Eminonu. We might do Istiklal /Taksim this day instead. ..so which way is more practical?

From Eminonu take T1 to Kabatas, change to F1 Funicular. Or is it doable to walk across the bridge to Istiklal from Eminonu pier? We don’t have to make it to Taksim Square but we can take to Nostalgic Tram .

also..

Is the Harem at Topkapi Palace included in the museum pass? The "option" note on the website is confusing. To me optional is not the same as not included.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I have this right?

Harem is included in Museum pass , dont worry

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,957 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I have this right?

jen, Your transportation plans are correct. However I would just walk to Vezneciler station from the hotel and take the metro to Taksim. Here is a route: "https://goo.gl/maps/FeiX9". This walk from your hotel to Vezneciler metro is about 7 minutes. In fact it doesn't show on Google map, but you should walk along Buyuk Resit Pasa street right next to Laleli-Universite tram stop.

You sure can walk to Istiklal street after crossing the Galata Bridge but the uphill walk at Galata area around Galata Tower is very steep. So instead you can take the one stop metro called Tunel from Karakoy to the lower end of Istiklal street also called Tunel.

good luck,

enigma...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I have this right?

Great! Thank you both for the info.

4. Re: Do I have this right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:16