We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My recent return to Istanbul

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
387 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
My recent return to Istanbul

First of all, I want to thank all the DE's on here who have helped me over the past few years with both my trips to Turkey. A special THANK YOU to Enigma and Borus who were kind enough to give up their evening and treat me to a wonderful dinner of flavors at Ciya. It was very special to meet them and put the crown on my trip.

I had a wonderful time in Istanbul. Once again, I was amazed by the kindness of strangers and the wonderful food. My trip this time was much higher budget than my original due in most part to my traveling companions. I ate at high end restaurants and stayed in the Beyoglu area. I have reviewed the restaurants in that section of this forum. I stayed in an apartment with one bedroom, a kitchenette and living room. The managers of the Miel Suites were very helpful and gracious. The apartment was formerly part of the Odda Hotel group of apartments but just before I arrived was renamed and I believe has new owners. It was a great location on Faik Pasha Cd. The only downfall to the apartment was that there is only one mirror and its over the bathroom sink. This is not helpful in applying makeup when you can't see very well without glasses on! I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to stay in that area. Once again, I was surprised by the number of cats and even more so by the attention paid to them by everyone. I saw teens, old people and young people all stop and pet the cats and feed and water them. There were cats and kittens everywhere I went. Staying in the local area for breakfast was not limiting. My friends were staying at the Galatasaray Flats in the Penthouse apartment, which is just around the corner from where I was. So we would meet up in the morning and head out. We ate at Cuma which had delicious foods although the service was slow. One day when I was on my own, I had breakfast at the little diner by the Cheers Midtown Hostel called Pells.(or Nells?) The egg omelet was the best I have ever had. The latte was pretty yummy too. I was amazed by the taste of the tomatoes in Istanbul on my previous trip and this trip was the same. Tomatoes and cucumbers are usually served with breakfast. I will share more of my trip later as I am falling asleep!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,156 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: My recent return to Istanbul

Superrn, it sounds as if you had a wonderful time in Istanbul. Your lively descriptions bring back a lot of memories and I hope sincerely that I will come back some day too.

22. Re: My recent return to Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17