We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

Hi all

Read a few posts about cruises but a lot seem to be all day. Is there a regular short cruise or night cruise with dinner (how much would this be?) departing from the Sirceki / Sultanamhet side of town? Enigma said Turyol Bosphorus cruise in one post, is that still going on?

Would I need to book ahead for these in September (assuming definitely the night one)?

Cheers

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

We took the 90-minute Turyol boat cruise on our first visit to Istanbul and I recommend it. It departs every 30 minutes, I believe, and there is no need to book ahead of time. The cruise leaves from the southern side of the Golden Horn just across the plaza in front of the Spice Bazaar and just west of the Galata Bridge. Tickets are very reasonable. It travels up the European side to second bridge and back down the Asian side, so seats on the port side of the boat are best. I used my Rick Steves' Istanbul guidebook to identify all the sights we passed. (He has a chapter on a cruise up the Bosphorus.)

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

Thanks very much, I'll look it up in detail.

I've heard a lot of people say about this Rick Steve's book, is it really that good???

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,270 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

Jon, It is an alternative to longer cruises and frequency of departures offer flexibility to the visitors. It costs only 12 TL. However if you want a larger ferry, you can take the Sehir Hatlari cruise for 2 hours. Here is the schedule: "sehirhatlari.com.tr/en/timetable/short-bosph…". Short Cruise departs from the cruise pier at 14.30 and costs 12 TL.

enigma...

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

Thanks again. I was just reading up about the ones that go up to the last port before the Black Sea (forgotten the name) but you have to stop there for 2 hrs. As we only have 3 days it's probably going to take up too much time - unless it was the night cruise however unfortunately these end on 13th September - we arrive on the 16th!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

What I like about the Rick Steves' guidebooks is that he offers several great walking tours of the historic areas with interesting tidbits you would not pick up elsewhere plus really very good tours of the major sights themselves. His Istanbul guidebook actually was written by two Istanbul guides. He is especially good on history and art, plus he always supplies a lot of very practical transportation information. Whenver one is available for my destination, I purchase one.

6. Re: Short cruise on Bosphorous from Sirceki side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17