We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day trip to turkey (Istanbul,Capadoccia and pumakkale)

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
6 day trip to turkey (Istanbul,Capadoccia and pumakkale)

Please advise us about this trip. Should we do on our own booking or go through a company.

Any form of advise appreciated

RN

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
243 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 day trip to turkey (Istanbul,Capadoccia and pumakkale)

I am no expert but we will be in Turkey in one week's time and I am happy to share my plans with you. We have made all of our own plans. We are driving to Ephesus via Gallipoli, Troy and Bergama after landing in Istanbul, also driving to Pammukale. Then we fly to Cappadocia for 2 days and back to Istanbul to spend 3 nights. In total we have 9 nights. I have no idea if everything will go smoothly, but I have high hopes of having a great time! We have found rooms, flights and car hire to be very reasonably priced, but we don't stay in 5 star hotels, preferring to experience local culture. Hope this is helpful for you.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,887 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 day trip to turkey (Istanbul,Capadoccia and pumakkale)

704Ravish007, A 6 day trip is too short for Turkey. However if that is all you have I suggest (3 days Istanbul, fly to Kayseri or Nevsehir , Cappadocia for 2 nights 2 days, take the overnight bus to Pamukkale and then on the final day fly out of Denizli near Pamukkale back to Istanbul to connect with your flight back home. If it was me, I would skip Pamukkale and do Istanbul (3+1) days and 2 days Cappadocia.

You can do all of this on your own. No need for an organized tour. In Cappadocia, you can use heritage Travel for tours and balloon trips: "www.goreme.com".

good luck,

enigma...

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 day trip to turkey (Istanbul,Capadoccia and pumakkale)

Thanks Enigma and AMIMADOrWHAT for your excellent input. We have already been to Kusadasi in the past and Ephesis thats the reason we are not going to that area but we really wanted to see Pumakkale since we have heard so many good reviews about it.Do you think we should stay one extra day there or one day will do. Also can we fly from Capadoccia to pumakkale,

4. Re: 6 day trip to turkey (Istanbul,Capadoccia and pumakkale)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16