We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do hotels accept euro and visa?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KL
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do hotels accept euro and visa?

Can someone comment and advice whether hotels with booking.com accepts both beside TL

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do hotels accept euro and visa?

I believe most hotels on booking.com accepts credit card, at least you need to provide one to guarantee the room. Also hotels would be very happy if you pay cash especially in Euro, in fact many would offer a cash discount provided you book directly with the hotel.

Anyway you should always read the term and condition on booking.com carefully, such as cancellation policy.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,940 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do hotels accept euro and visa?

KLshine, Hotels accept both visa and Euros. As mentioned here you can get some discounts for cash payments depending on the hotel. I always book directly with the hotel after checking the booking.com rates. For a discussion of different booking websites, have a look: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k7523…".

enigma...

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do hotels accept euro and visa?

As others have said, most hotels will happily accept Euros, and indeed, will provide a discount if you pay in cash rather than use a credit card. Enigma offers great advice when he encourages you to book directly with a hotel. Guests who use booking.com or any other third party booking agent are often not eligible for benefits a hotel gives to guests who book directly with the hotel.

One thing I always appreciate is free transportation from the airport to the hotel for guests who stay three or more nights. I love getting off of the plane and walking to the curb to find someone with my name on a sign, and I can relax all the way to the hotel. You are also more likely to receive upgrades if you book directly.

I always book directly with the hotel, and I pay my bill with US currency the minute that I arrive so I do not have to carry large amounts of cash all around the city.

KL
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Do hotels accept euro and visa?

Thanks all for your good advice.

KL
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Do hotels accept euro and visa?

Thanks all for your good advice.

6. Re: Do hotels accept euro and visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17