We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbulkart

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kursk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Istanbulkart

Hi. What is the current transport fares in Istanbul? And how much is the price to buy the istanbulkart?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,263 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbulkart

Grandsazer, Here are the public transport fees in Istanbul with the Istanbulkart: "iett.gov.tr/en/…317". You can buy the Istanbulkart from the vending machines for 6 TL plus the credit you put in there. Therefore when you put 10 TL in the slot, you get the card and 4 TL of transport credit which is good enough for one initial ride and one transfer. Here is how you get it: "istanbulanswers.com/video-using-public-trans…".

good luck,

enigma...

Kursk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbulkart

Thank you.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbulkart

A guard at Sultanahmet station told me you can get a refund on the card or the credit left on it or possibly both. Not entirely clear due to language barrier.

Can anyone tell me what if anything you can do with an istanbulkart that has money on it and you are leaving the country? Can the card and credit be used a year later?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbulkart

If you plan on returning then hang on to your card as it is good for years.

To get a refund you must go back to the sales point you bought it from and present the card with the sales reciept.I'm not sure they refund cash on the card though,only the actual cost of the card.

Maybe look for someone who has just arrived in your hotel and pass the card on to them with instructions to do the same when they leave.Good karma :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,263 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbulkart

Asif, For 3 dollars deposit refund, it is not worth looking for a kiosk. You need your original receipt also. There is no refund on the unused credit.

Just give the card as a tip to one of the service people who helped you or keep it for future use.

good luck,

enigma...

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Istanbulkart

Thanks for the info guys.

I intend to return so will hold onto the card.

7. Re: Istanbulkart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2015, 04:15