We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ataturk or Saw

Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ataturk or Saw

Have just realised my flight out of Istanbul leaves fro SAW airport , is this a big problem as I will be staying in the Sultanahmet area . I could probably change my flight , but if its just a matter of a long bus or train journey that's ok . But if is really a pain of a journey I might consider changing the flight .. Any advice would be most welcome

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ataturk or Saw

Hi

It's a bit long - time also depends on if you're traveling during rush hour. But not unbearable.

Sue

Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ataturk or Saw

Our flight leaves at 6.30 pm so we have all day to get there . Just wondered if there is a bus that goes all the way to the saw airport from the Sultanahmet area. without having to change.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ataturk or Saw

Hi,

Take a taxi or public transport to Taksim square and take Havataş shuttle bus departing every 30 min. Give one hour for journey and arrive airport prior 2 hours before flight. Shortly take 15.00 or 15.30 bus to airport.

Alper

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ataturk or Saw

Edathome, as Alper said the easiest way would be to take the Havatas shuttle from Taksim.

Here is the schedule & more info on Havatas

havatas.com/yolcuservisi/taksim-sabihagokcen…

You also have the option of making one final ferry ride from Eminonu to Kadikoy and taking the Havatas from there as well.

havatas.com/yolcuservisi/kadikoy-sabihagokce…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,556 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ataturk or Saw

Just more pricey going to Saw using a cab. Basically double the price.

6. Re: Ataturk or Saw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:15