We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Games in October?

US
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Football Games in October?

Hi,

I would like to know if there will be any football games between Oct 13 and 19, 2014. If yes, is there a place on the internet where tickets can bought in advance?

Thanks.

Southampton
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi JoeDassin1

The fixtures will be released today at 15.00 Turkish time. Check out the TFF.org website after this time.

To buy tickets you will need a Passolig card, available from Passolig.com.tr then register with Passo.com for tickets. They claim that if you collect your card in Istanbul it takes 4 days, I will collect my card on Saturday after 10 weeks. Both sites have lots of info in English & the process is quite easy. If you are travelling with a friend or two who also want to go to a game they will also need a card.

Good luck,

Alan

US
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi,

Thanks for the information. So even as foreigners we are able to buy this card? Also we need to pick it up in Istanbul or it can be mailed abroad? This makes it really hard for foreigners to watch games, it is sad.

I will probably give it a try however if it takes 10 weeks to receive the card, there might not be any tickets left by the time I receive it.

Southampton
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi,

Yes,foreigners can buy Passolig card, NOBODY will be allowed in to games without one.

No,cards will not be posted abroad. They can be collected from Post Offices or Stadiums from the drop down list that you will find when applying.

I only mention mine has taken 10 weeks but i'm sure that I am an exception rather than the rule.

As to whether there will be any tickets available - they only go on sale in the week leading up to the game so if its not a high profile game, you should be ok. I have attended quite a few games in Istanbul at all levels & the only game I wanted to go to but couldn't, was last seasons Besiktas - Fenerbahce, which was the first weekend Passolig cards were needed & I was not aware.

Alan

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Football Games in October?

SouthamptonKartal,

If you don't mind, I have some questions about this as well...

1) Just to be clear, a PASSOLIG card is REQUIRED to enter any game, regardless of club?

2) There is no secondary market for tickets?

2) If I apply and receive my PASSOLIG card, can I buy tickets for myself and the person I am traveling with, or do we both need a PASSOLIG card?

Thank you!

Southampton
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi mistamike86,

Yes, a Passolig card is required for all Super League & PTT Division 1, but not for lower league teams such as Gungoren & Eyup etc.

No, there is no secondary market for tickets.

Each person,including children, must have their own card. Your card will have your photo on it and your passport number making them very personal. The idea being should the cardholder be involved in any trouble the card is taken away & they will be unable to attend any other match.

Alan

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Football Games in October?

Thank you for that explanation Alan! Very helpful!

Does anyone know where I can find the Super Lig schedule?

I will be in Istanbul from September 13 - September 21, and I'd like to know what (if any) Super Lig games will be played in Istanbul while I am there!

Southampton
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Football Games in October?

Happy to help mistamike86

Check out tff.org the fixtures are there.

Actually I am in Istanbul 19 - 22 Sept, and there are home games for Fenerbahce,Kasimpasa & Istanbul Basaksehir.

Alan

US
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi Alan,

You are very helpful! Three other questions:

1. I am there Oct. 12-21. Looking at the schedule it seems that there are games on Oct. 19. I see that all Istanbul teams are playing that week, but do you know which ones are played IN Istanbul? It is not clear from the schedule which team is the "home" team. Which of these games you would recommend?

2. I started to look into the passolig card. In the beginning of the process you have to specify the name of the team you support. Should I select "none" or should I select the name of the team I will go see the game?

3. For a foreigner do you have to pay a fee upfront when you create your passolig card?

Thanks!

US
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi again Alan,

In addition to my questions above.

I have read on the web that a court decision back in May temporarily suspended the passolig system. Apparently the court will first hear the case in late September. Do you know anything about that?

Southampton
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Football Games in October?

Hi JoeDassin1,

The first named team is the Home side so you have 2 choices.

1) Besiktas - Sivasspor

2) Galatasaray - Fenerbahce

One will be Saturday evening & the other Sunday .

Whilst match 2 will be probably the most exiting it will be very difficult to get a ticket, so I would recommend Besiktas which will be played at the Ataturk Olympic with a capacity of 78000 ,no problem getting in to this one.

Select 'NONE' & you will get a card with the TFF logo no problem getting tickets for any clubs games.

When you complete your application they will ask for credit card number & will take 15 TL.

Passolig is VERY unpopular in Turkey & Supporters groups have joined together to challenge the legality of it. I think the hearing is Sept 24 in Ankara.

IMO it will go ahead.

Alan

Mentioned in this post
Ankara
Ankara
Ankara Province, Turkey