We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days in Istanbul

Hi - We're family of 4 including 2 adult childern , please suggest an itinerary. Can we squeeze a day trip to out of Istanbul for one -day as well (prefer car rental)

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in Istanbul

There are so many things to do that it is difficult for us to plan an itinerary for people we don't know. We have no idea what you would find most entertaining. I suggest that you get a guidebook, something like DK Eyewitness and do some reading. You can select those things that interest you and then people on the forum can help you create a schedule that maximizes time and geography.

I think you can spend four days just in Istanbul and not become bored. If you are determined to leave the city you could take a day trip to Bursa or perhaps visit a seaside village on the Black Sea. I would probably try to use public transportation. Driving in Istanbul is very difficult.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in Istanbul

Here are sample 4 day & 1 week Istanbul tours

allistanbultours.co.uk/335,4-days-tour-packa…

howtoistanbul.com/en/tursab_post/what-to-do-…

If you have a rental car at your disposal then you can do a nice day trip to Edirne.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in Istanbul

I can suggest my itineary: …wordpress.com/my-travels-2/…

but it could be a little fast paced for a family, plus you might want to add some children friendly places,like the miniaturk or some or boatrides and cut down on the museums.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in Istanbul

Yes you can. Use search box on top of this page for "one day trip" w/o quotes.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days in Istanbul

ibn_batuta_canada, I suggest to rent a car and take a wonderful day trip to AGVA at the Black Sea coast. Have a look: "http://exploreagva.com/en".

enigma...

Edited: 18 July 2014, 16:10
6. Re: 4 Days in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16