We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul transfer from International to Domestic gates..

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Istanbul transfer from International to Domestic gates..

Hi all, (first time post!!) :)

Myself and my wife are travelling to Turkey in December this year. We are departing Sydney and plan to go straight to Cappadocia via Istanbul.

We arrive in Istanbul (Attaturk) at 730AM. I plan to get a Turkish Airlines flight that leaves Attaturk Airport at 955AM bound for Nevishir AIrport.

I am not sure if 2.5 hrs is enough for us to go through customs, collect bags etc, THEN go to the Domestic Airport for our flight Cappadocia.

Are the Domestic Terminals far away from the International Terminals?

Would love some help.

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,131 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul transfer from International to Domestic gates..

Zac, welcome to Turkey.

yes, you have a good connection time from an international to a domestic flight. I normally recommend a minimum of 2 hours but you have more than that. The domestic terminal is right next to the international one, and after exiting customs, make an immediate left inside the teriminal and you will see the walkway leading to the domestic terminal. It is at most 10 minutes walk.

good luck,

enigma...

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul transfer from International to Domestic gates..

Thankyou enigma! Answered all our questions. Many thanks!

3. Re: Istanbul transfer from International to Domestic gates..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 06:16