We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas Turkey

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Topic
Visas Turkey

Is your Visa information in Arriving & Departing correct? It states that you can obtain visas at the airport (as I have done before) prices approx $20? I just tried to get an e-visa and the amount was US$60. Naturally, I would prefer to pay at the airport. Which is correct?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas Turkey

On several websites and blogs (and perhaps on Turkey immigration dept website also) I read that on-arrival visa is no more available. I am travelling to Istanbul too this week. But I checked with embassy and I was told that I can get visa on arrival or e-visa.

Who want to take the risk? Hence I got my e-visa.

Pls chk the applicability of e-visa as well as on-arrival based on the nationality / OECD VIsa exemptions Turkey provided.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas Turkey

Make sure you ONLY use the official Turkish Government website for E-Visas.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

You can still purchase a visa on arrival until 1st January 2015.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
420 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas Turkey

If you don't need to get a visa ...we are from New Zealand and don't need one, is there a different queue at immigration at the airport. Should I make this a separate thread?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas Turkey

You just go directly to Pasaport Control.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
420 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas Turkey

thanks very much for that advice

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas Turkey

Hi Sandra,

This is from the official web site of the MFA Turkey:

<Egypt: Official passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 90 days.

Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders may obtain their 30-day single-entry e-Visas via www.evisa.gov.tr, provided that they have a valid Schengen or OECD visa or residence permit and that they travel to Turkey with Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air.

Besides, those ordinary passport holders who are under 20 or over 45 years old may get their 30-day single-entry e-Visas via the website www.evisa.gov.tr.>

I think it is pretty clear that you are supposed to get an evisa before flying into Turkey (must be on Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air) provided that you fullfil the pre-requisites.

Best of luck,

Borus

Edited: 22 July 2014, 22:02
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,476 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas Turkey

Sandra, For many of the nationalities, the visa-on-arrival is either not available or if available more expensive. Therefore it is best to get an evisa, online, in advance of your trip: "https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/".

enigma...

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas Turkey

hi what if i am using charter airlines not Turkish airlines or Egypt air and i am over 45 can i apply for the e visa on line too ,

Edited: 23 July 2014, 15:37
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,476 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visas Turkey

Semsema, No need to push the rules. Charter Airlines are not part of the requirements of an evisa. Besides you also need a valid Schengen or a valid OECD country visa or residence permit.

enigma...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30,499 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visas Turkey

"You can still purchase a visa on arrival until 1st January 2015"

When did they change it? Before it was until April 10, 2014?