We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise on itinerary

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Navi Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Topic
advise on itinerary

Hi folks,

I along with my wife are planning for a trip of Istanbul in October this year. i have almost completed all my bookings and would like to know advises/recommendations from the members. Also any pointers for any new place/attractions will be highly appreciated.

My itinerary along with the doubts is as below:

5th -8th Oct : We will be reaching istanbul at 11 am & have booked a hotel hotel in sultanhmet. however i have not booked any tours in istanbul yet and would like to do so after reaching there. is this is good thing to do or shall i book them in advance??

9th -11th Oct- we will be flying Early morning to cappadocia and i have booked all the tours & ballon ride in advance.

11th oct: We will be taking an overnite bus to pamukkale from cappadocia. I have booked the hotel in Pamukkale ,however tour of hierapolis & asforodisias nees to be booked when we reach there.

12th -13th : I have kept the whole day of 12th for hierapolis tour. on 13th morning we will be leaving for asforodisias and would like to leave for kusadasi on the same day. is it possible to get a bus directly from asforodisias?? As the taxi rates looks to be on higher side .

14th-15th In Kusadasi will be booking the tours there

16th Fly back to india

I have booked all the trips in Capadoccia,however for rest of the places i am thinking of doing it after i reach there. Is this a good idea??

also any other pointers are welcome.

Thanks In Advance.

Sanjeev

n
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advise on itinerary

You can just book everything on the spot in Istanbul..

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,122 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advise on itinerary

Hi sanjeev, I would not take formal organized tours in Istanbul. This is very much a do-it-yourself type of city. Between the fact that many of the historical sites are located near one another in a pedestrian mall, and the excellent public transportation system you really have no need for any tour type of transportation. If you want to know more about what you are seeing you can do some advanced research on your own, or hire a guide at the entrances of the places you want to visit. You will be able to identify these guides. They stand near the entrance, and wear a lanyard with their guide licenses around their necks.

I do use a guide and driver in Cappadocia because it is spread all over a large area, and the only other option is to rent some form of transportation and drive it yourself. We generally choose not to do this; although our son-in-law spent many week-ends in Cappadocia a few years ago and always rented his own transportation. He really enjoyed being in control of where he went and how long he stayed.

The same situation basically exists for the other places you wish to visit. You can arrange for formal organized tours after you arrive, or you can rent a car and drive yourself to the places you wish to visit.

Navi Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advise on itinerary

thanks jennifer & busy_retired :) ..i hope all goes well.

also is it possible to get cars to rent in pamukkale ? which possibly i can drop off at kusadasi/izmir??

incase i donot rent a car what other options i have to travel to kusadasi from asforodisias after 4 pm in the evening??

thanks in advance

Edited: 08 August 2014, 07:37
4. Re: advise on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17