We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

hie , i m planning my honeymoon in jan to turkey and greece for about 12-15 days . could u advice the best places to explore at that time of the year . both countries have many interesting places to cover but i would not wanna go everywhere as its only for 2 weeks ...so if u could help me short list places it would really help .. i have already googled on istanbul - antalya- bodrum in turkey n athens crete n santorini in greece .. let me know if u think i should add or remove any of these places .. thanks

Best of Istanbul: 1, 2, or 3-Day...
171 Reviews
from US$100.00*
Special Offer
Istanbul Day Tour of Sultanahmet...
1,229 Reviews
from US$72.25*
US$85.00
Special Offer
2-Day Cappadocia Tour with Optional...
52 Reviews
from US$250.75*
US$295.00
Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise with Dinner...
96 Reviews
from US$100.20*
Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

Really not a good idea to visit Santorini and generally the Greek islands in January.They will mostly be deserted.Crete,being a big island though,may seem a better choice.But it's a pity for me to visit one and not be able to swim.Anyway it's your choice.Athens would be an obvious option which you can combine with one of the most beautiful towns in Greece,Nafplio.

Don't miss Istanbul of course.I think picking 2 places in Greece and 2 in Turkey is enough for 2 weeks.

Grigoris

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Nafplio
Nafplio
Argolis Region, Greece
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

What about Rhodes? It is one of my favorite islands in Greece. Full of history and street life.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You have chosen two wonderful countries. I believe that the temperatures around Antalya/Bodrum will be in the upper 50's, low 60's F at time, and the sea pretty chilly.

Rhodes, as Borus mentioned is a fantastic stop. Also for a great historical and religious inspiration, Delphi is an easy day trip from Athens and is physically, and metaphysically a memorable trip.

Sharon

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

thnk u so much for ur wishes and opinions . so i m assuming istanbul bodrum and antalya is ok in turkey . however in greece u suggest to skip santorini and add rhodes along with athens and crete .. so i m assumin 15-16 days would be enough to cover all this ..

Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

thank u so much

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

In order to get more responses regarding the Greek part of travel you can also post here: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g189400-i194-Athen…

Grigoris

Mumbai, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

thanks for ur feedback .i really thought santorini is a good honeymoon island but i guess its not the right time . so in greece i could do athens rhodes and crete .right ?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

Santorini is indeed a honeymoon destination but just not at that time.Anyway,posting your question there,should get you really good advice on planning your trip.

Grigoris

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
9. Re: honeymoon in turkey and greece in jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17